Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #1

selling popup after 17 years

We finaly decided to upgrade and bought a Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS. We towed it up the steepest road we know to the South Toe river valley in NC. Had a great weekend. The only problem so far was the video cable was not inserted into the back of the wall outlet.
Rocket Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #2

congrats
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #3

Enjoy the new rv ,
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
Site Team

Congrats on the new trailer and welcome to the forums!

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #5

Congratulations!!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #6

Enjoy the difference it make with a big fridg and a real bathroom etc, etc. I bought a pop up and I could not keep it more than a year. We did not like the way we had to goes on our knees each time we had to go in the mini fridg and use a porta potti in the middle of the trailer. Enjoy a better camping now.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
camping

to the forum and congrats on the new camper!!

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #8

Thanks everybody. We spent this weekend figuring where to put stuff and cleaning up the old popup. I organized all the new documents in a book and can't believe how thick it is.

If Craigslist sells the popup soon, we are taking that money and going on a trip.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #9

Congrats on the new purchase! We bought the same one earlier this year and sold our pop-up on Craigs list to a younger couple who can probably handle the set up and tear down much better than DH & I.
We're loving the convience of the larger refrigerator & freezer (we can have ice cream on our dutch oven cobbler now!) not to mention the walk around bed, and toilet in its own room!! The 15 minute back in, un-hook & plug in sure beats the 30-45 minute set up, especially in the summer heat!!
I'm still working on where to put what. I keep rearranging everytime we get it out.

Happy Camping!
Sandy
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #10

Welcome to the easy life! Just sold my pop-up, upgraded last month and joined the club myself. It is great. We actually slowed way down over the past few years on camping because I got to where I dreaded the 45 mins worth of work setting up the pop-up before I could even enjoy my first beer. Now it just back in, chock, un-hook, and am enjoying a tasty beverage while I hit the button for my stableizers.

What I enjoy is that now when we stop at Wal-Mart or a grocery store on our way to the campsite, we can put the items away in the trailer in the parking lot and not have to carry all of that stuff in the truck with us to be put away after the pop-up was set up.
cdbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #11

It's like you are reading our minds. Those are alll reasons why we upgraded. I had a bad experience the last time we set up in full sun. I remember my friend picking me up from the ground. I just turned 50. Some say the trailer is a mid life crisis. I see it as years of less work.

On our maiden voyage, we stopped at Zaxbys for some chicken. I suggested we get the dogs out of the truck and eat in the trailer. My wife loved the experience. Much better than eating in the truck. It only got better once we were up the mountain and set up.

So far I am very happy with the Flagstaff. I think one of my first upgrades is going to be LED lights. We frequent US Forest Service campgrounds that have few 120v AC hookups.