Old 11-11-2019, 08:29 AM   #1

Shower issue

I have a 2019 Micro Lite 25bds with the curved shower doors. The doors on my shower have clear vinyl inserts that slide into the glass. Nothing holds the vinyl inserts in place, hence they separate from the glass when the doors are opened. Is there any harm in putting a bead of clear silicone on the edge of the glass door and inserting the vinyl to keep the vinyl in place? Have you experienced this with your trailer?

Famoussenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #2

Same with mine, I just haven’t got around to doing what you’re thinking, unless someone can tell us why you shouldn’t.

Studog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

My hesitation to apply clear silicone is that FR apparently intended the inserts to be in place without silicone. I'm thinking a dab of silicone at the top, middle and bottom edge of the glass door would be enough to keep the vinyl in place. If for any reason I need to replace the vinyl, removing it without much ado wouldn't be a big deal with so little silicone applied to the door edge.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #4

I took my 2019 Micro Lite 25 BDS in for warranty service and got an answer to my own query about the vinyl edge on the shower glass doors. According to the dealer service manager, he said my issue is a common problem expressed by many owners who have the semi-circular showers. He stated FR gets the showers from a contractor without the vinyl inserts having any silicone or adhesive to keep them in place. FR installs the showers as is without doing anything to the vinyl attached to the glass doors. Vinyl is susceptible to expansion by heat, particularly in summer months, and can easily come off of some sections of the glass. It is a situation where owners just have to tolerate the vinyl occasionally coming away from the glass door.
However, the service tech at the dealership did not see any harm in placing a small amount of silicone at the top, middle and bottom of the glass doors. Such a small amount should keep the vinyl on the glass and allow for an easy removal of the vinyl when needing to be replaced.
So, that is what I plan to do. I am NOT recommending that you do the same if you have the same issue. I am merely passing on the information about the vinyl/glass shower doors that I got from a FR repair dealer.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #5

Thanks for the information, think I will do the same.
Studog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #6

Mine had that problem.
The dealer put silicone one each piece of the final! No problem since!

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower