Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #1

Slide out goes out then turns

Hey everyone. I have a 2018 Classic Super Light 832OKBS and have loved it since I got it almost a year ago. I moved spots in the RV park to a better spot today and when I got to the new spot to set camper up the front bedroom slide started going out like it always does then I heard a pop and saw the wood trim on inside hitting the bathroom door frame! The slide now turns at a certain point and hits the bedroom wall. Never have had an issue before. I idled through the RV Park to get to my new spot. No big bumps hit.

Can someone explain what has most likely happened? I sat under the slide and operated it with my IRV app. Didn't see anything obvious on the exterior underside of the slide... No noises are happening. Will come back in fine. When I start extending it after about 1 ft the Left side (standing at end of bed) pulls to the bathroom. Any info or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

2018 Forest River Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832OKBS

2016 GMC 2500 Denali
rmk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:03 PM   #2
Carknocker Family

Nothing on inside fouling slide?
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Do you know what slide mechanism you have? (Hydraulic, Schwintec, LCI through frame, etc.)
Old 07-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #4

Being a 2018 that's less than a year old, don't wait to have a warranty center check into it if you cannot find any obstructions that are causing this inside (Sometimes things fall next to and under slide areas that then either get smashed or damage/tweak the slide). This would be a warranty fix if not caused by human error or a foreign object and it sounds like you're nearing the warranty end date.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #5

slide lube

Did you try slide lube on the bottom of slide ? My bunkhouse did the same thing. Dealer said it's not a warranty issue just general maintenance.

Sprayed slide lube on bottom slide runners took care of problem. I spray slide lube on all my slide-out runners 3 to 4 times a year .
owebe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:46 AM   #6

Have the same unit but 2017. Had issue with slide not closing full at botton, tech adjusted it and it worked fine for a couple operations. Then it started to fall a foot short of closing. Tech failed to tighten a bar that adjusts the travel, it actually fell down under the slide. Had bar reattached and works fine now. One issue with bedroom slide is there is only one rail, slide does wiggle a lot when it is operated, FR said it is normal. Just be careful that there are no obstructions in the way as it does miss bath room wall by a couple of inches.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by owebe1 View Post
Did you try slide lube on the bottom of slide ? My bunkhouse did the same thing. Dealer said it's not a warranty issue just general maintenance.

Sprayed slide lube on bottom slide runners took care of problem. I spray slide lube on all my slide-out runners 3 to 4 times a year .

I haven't yet. It seems to me like it may be out of alignment. Side closer to rear of coach window is rubbing the opening and I think that is grabbing and pulling slide toward the rear/bathroom. I can't really see under the slide. Is there a certain way to look under it? Only half an inch if that when I look under there. What is crazy is all I did was move the trailer from one spot to the next and now this. LOL.

2016 GMC 2500 Denali
Old 08-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by satdog01 View Post
Have the same unit but 2017. Had issue with slide not closing full at botton, tech adjusted it and it worked fine for a couple operations. Then it started to fall a foot short of closing. Tech failed to tighten a bar that adjusts the travel, it actually fell down under the slide. Had bar reattached and works fine now. One issue with bedroom slide is there is only one rail, slide does wiggle a lot when it is operated, FR said it is normal. Just be careful that there are no obstructions in the way as it does miss bath room wall by a couple of inches.
Thanks for the info! I can't really see under the slide when laying on floor due to only a half inch clearance at best. How can I see this bar, etc to make sure? The slide seems to be rubbing the bathroom side window whereas the front has an inch or more clearance (slide wall to opening). Has never done that. And yea I realized on first operation the bedroom wiggles a decent bit. Curious if it could get out of alignment moving from one spot to another at the RV park?

2016 GMC 2500 Denali
Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Do you know what slide mechanism you have? (Hydraulic, Schwintec, LCI through frame, etc.)
It's electric. Think Lippert. Not 100% sure though. Single actuator under slide on exterior with a bar next to it with gear drive..

2016 GMC 2500 Denali
Old 08-05-2018, 10:02 PM   #10

Got it figured out! It was catching the hard black plastic on bottom of slide that I guess is glued on... but mine is now wavy and needs to be re-glued. I lifted the slide from the inside as i moved it out. After it got past the plastic that is coming up it went out normally. I slept well last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_201739.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	182393  

2016 GMC 2500 Denali