Old 07-10-2014, 12:59 AM   #1

slideout wont work

Hi
We are on our third trip and the slideout on the 25ds won't work. We hand cranked it out. Any thoughts or where to look for the fuse?
Thanks

Old 07-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #2

Look under the front left corner of the TT on the frame. Generally FR has placed them in that location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #3

In addition to what Chuck said, they are inline fuses and are in a holder that looks something like this -

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #4

Thanks for your help all! We found the fuse and replaced it. We need to have more of these fuses on hand. We replaced the next morning during our trip so all was good
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Thanks for your help all! We found the fuse and replaced it. We need to have more of these fuses on hand. We replaced the next morning during our trip so all was good
I have a 26FKSS and my slideout will not go out. I assume it's a fuse, but it sounds like it's not in the fuse panel on the inside. Can you tell me where you found it on yours?
SandGMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGMoon View Post
I have a 26FKSS and my slideout will not go out. I assume it's a fuse, but it sounds like it's not in the fuse panel on the inside. Can you tell me where you found it on yours?
The 2nd and 3rd posts tell you where it is and what it looks like

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #7

SandGMoon:
as pappcam mentioned above; the fuse is not inside the trailer, it is L front corner I think underneath. Have extra fuses handy. We had used our one and only on that trip.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #8

We checked the location of every fuse in our trailer and and bought several of each size needed. They are in the tool kit in a large plastic Rx bottle. Once you do this, you will probably never have to replace another fuse. Seems they never blow out if you have a replacement on hand.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #9

Now in our 4th trip with our new travel trailer and as mentioned on prior replies we found and changed the fuse on the slideout. On this weekend's trip, the Slideout did extend out, however, upon pushing the button to slide back in today,it didnt work. My hubby had to replace the fuse again! This is the 2nd time in the last two trips. No problems the first 2 trips. Any insite here? Also when using electric fry pan outdoors and hairdryer at the same time, the fuse tripped. Is that usual? This plus the water filter fiasco made this trip a tad frustrating....
Old 07-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #10

slide out wouldn't work

When the slide out wouldn't work, I started looking around after some of the other suggestions for other models. Our micro lite 25DS has 2 fuses - both are 30 amp. One is attached to the red wire coming from the battery in a black rubber case. It is just a little ways from the battery on the frame. The other is under the camper, towards the front, on the inside of the frame in a small red rubber case. It was right beside the square metal junction box. There is also a small gray and black box that some of the wires are attached to close by it. There is a tiny reset button(about 1/8") on the side of it. I pushed that also. I don't know if it did anything or it was just the fuse, but I didn't want to climb back under the camper again.

Tags
slide, slide out