Old 10-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #21
We bought our flagstaff by accident. I wanted a new TT as ours did not have enough bunks for our twins and their friends. Found a grey wolf that fit our needs and while chatting with the salesman the wife browsed and came upon the 8528bhws. She loved it we decided not to purchase another TT and wait and get the 5ver. The longer we stood in it the happier we were with it the quality the floor plan and even the price, though more than I thought I would spend were perfect. There are no guarantees in life and we have two 9 year olds now that love when we go camping, and even the wife and I seem to be happier together when we are in the rv. To me it was a no brainier!
I'm a lucky Dad!!!!!

Aca651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
DW liked it. If momma is happy......
But we are both very happy with the choice and lack of problems

Rick and Linda, Lindale, TX
2011 Flagstaff 8528 CKSS
2006 F350 SW
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
doesn't make any sense to me since they also carry Rockwood so they are selling twin brands.
They just added 2 more interior fabric choices to the lineup.
"Color" this a WIN for us.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #24
We like others did all our shopping online. A dealer 2 hours away answered my emails and all my concerns very promptly. We drove down one day and was sold on the 21FBRS at once. Even after the sale the dealer has answered my emails when I have a question almost immediately, even on a Sunday night.
Nissantech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #25
The reason we purchased a Flagstaff was location! We went to a camper show in Tampa FL one weekend and saw a Rockwood 25RS that we really liked, but the dealer was from Ft Pierce Fl and we are from South Georgia. We really like the setup and layout of it but weren't ready to commit at the time. The following weekend ther was another camper show in Atlanta and seeing we live 4 hours from there we decided to check it out. As we were looking we found a Flagstaff Shamrock 25RS. We did a double take because we knew the one in Tampa was a Rockwood. We found a Forest River Rep and told him we had been at the Tampa show and found the Rockwood and he told us the Shamrock was the same thing except for minor details. We had thought about it for a week and the Shamrock was a little cheaper so we brought it home! We have been camping in it many times since February and LOVE it!! No major problems just a couple of minor problems that the dealer fixed quickly and to my satisfaction. Looking for many more years of great camping!
27 total nights camped in 2013 year not including "camp driveway" and 3 so far this year!
tclcyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #26
The wife and I had a 2009 Flagstaff 831FKBSS, loved the floorplan but hated the outside delamination issues, the entire rear cap was replaced after 8 months but then the entire unit started to delaminate when we got it back...Very dissapointed in it so away it went in favor of a new Columbus 320rs which has been completly trouble free!
2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #27
DW's Retirement Plan
DW wanted a particular floorplan - It would be a Rockwood 2702 or a Flagstaff 27BESS. Dealer that would order the Rockwood.... well, we won't go there - thrashed that in a different section of this forum. Flagstaff was at a closer dealer, DW LOVED the interior colors and we got a GREAT deal.

We looked at many other makes and models, fiberglass vs stick & metal. Our Roo was fiberglass and the wife was very pleased with it. That was good enough for me, cuz we ALL know.....

If Momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
Mod free 5er
Liked our 08 Flagstaff 831RLSS, looked at used motorhome, TOWTA walked by the 12 Flagstaff 8528RKWS and said I like this one and as the saying goes, "The rest is history" This is probably the last one unless we have an accident with it. We are getting to the age where another 4-5 yrs will be enough.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #29
When we started looking for a new trailer I had a list I wanted to have in my new camper.I call about the Shallow Cruiser at Trailer City in WV.They told me they quit handling them bc there was no counter and cabinet space.That what we was looking for.They told me they had a Flagstaff that would fit our needs so we went and look they had one that had everything plus what we was looking for.
2012 21' FR Micro Lite FBRS
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
2012 24 nites 2016 16 nites
2013 25 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
Flagstaff V-LITE 30WKISS

Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
What made you purchase the 'Flagstaff' brand from Forest River?
Went to a show in Sacramento, never saw one before, but we really liked the floor plan and the quality. Narrowed down to two brands and the Dealer in Sac won us over. Worked with us, did not oversell and made sure we got what we wanted. Great price too! Not like what I see them go for in Pennsylvania. But we thought it was a fair price.

tmsimmons56 is offline   Reply With Quote