Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #61
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Saw a V lite come into a campground and was curious then later when I was at a dealer looking at another trailer saw a V lite again and asked to see it. It was just what we were looking for rear living room with the big picture window, they showed the wife the one we came to look at and she wasn't impressed. Showed the V lite next and when she saw it we were both hooked.
I wonder sometimes how much commission we should have made off V-Lite sales. Every time we took "Francis" (30WIKSS 2014) out, we ended up allowing other campers to do a tour of her.

Ours had the bathroom in the V. People were blown away by the size of it....double sinks, double vanities, double mirrored medicine cabinets, etc.

She was a beauty! I miss her, and got teary eyed when we traded her in, but we LOVE our new 5er even more! One thing is certain, some lucky family got an awesome, barely used and even improved (BR TV wall mounted) V-Lite! I thought of hiding a note in the back of a kitchen drawer; We loved and enjoyed this TT, her name is Francis. Treat her good and enjoy her as much as we did!

Counting down the hours 'til next weekend! We're headed out again for a 4 day trip.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #62

Found the layout we wanted, single slide,table and chairs and the price we were comfortable with. Been one year now and I'm glad we bought the Flagstaff. Dealer has been good too, looked after any concerns I had.
fly-swatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #63
NELA

X eleventy on the table and chairs

When we started shopping for an RV I told DH flat out: NO banquettes!

We saw several RVs that we liked, except for the banquette.... got to a point where I'd walk in, spot the banquette and walk back out.

Since it's just DH and I, we've even taken two of the chairs out, bagged them up and stored them in DH's hobby shop.

Another MUST for us was being able to view the TV without having to turn our heads 90*. Some floor plans just make no sense to us. I've seen some where you have to sit at a banquette and watch with your head turned. Nyet, not for us. I want my creature comforts; sit in my recliner and watch and/or nap. :-)

No, we don't go camping to watch TV, but on rainy days?? (SMH)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I wonder sometimes how much commission we should have made off V-Lite sales. Every time we took "Francis" (30WIKSS 2014) out, we ended up allowing other campers to do a tour of her.

Ours had the bathroom in the V. People were blown away by the size of it....double sinks, double vanities, double mirrored medicine cabinets, etc.

She was a beauty! I miss her, and got teary eyed when we traded her in, but we LOVE our new 5er even more! One thing is certain, some lucky family got an awesome, barely used and even improved (BR TV wall mounted) V-Lite! I thought of hiding a note in the back of a kitchen drawer; We loved and enjoyed this TT, her name is Francis. Treat her good and enjoy her as much as we did!

Counting down the hours 'til next weekend! We're headed out again for a 4 day trip.
I really like the part about leaving a note! They really become a part of the family and is painful to let them go... But a new one is ready to be filled with new and exciting memories also! I think next time we'll leave a secret note too

Sent from my EVO using Forest River Forums mobile app

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #65

Just purchased my 2015 21fbrs. Traded up from pop up .
bmwbikr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbikr1 View Post
Just purchased my 2015 21fbrs. Traded up from pop up .
I say you will be happy we have a 2012 fbrs and we are .We are leaving tomorrow for the holiday weekend
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #67

I looked at a lot of campers and went to a lot of shows. The workmanship on the 21fbrs was the same as the mini winne if not better. The price was better and the weight was less.
bmwbikr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #68

I had a Keystone tt that didn't have good storage, no bunkhouse and no outside kitchen. We only had 6 months and we were out looking, not really thinking anyone would give us what we needed on a trade. We were wrong so dealer first, floor plan and options. We looked at a lot of different brands and fell in love with the 8528TWBS Floorplan. I think we traveled to 10 different dealers looking but came back to this one. They didn't have one with what we wanted so we ordered. First trip out was this weekend. Love it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408336171837.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	60814  
SweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #69
Follow the NASCAR Series

This dealer we used only had one 2014 left on the lot that he wanted to show us. It was a Flagstaff 31RLBSS and was in the Diamond Series. This was one trailer that the wife and I shared the most likes over...so we brought her home. Such an upgrade from our old Aerolite.
Lbmonty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #70

Any difference in weight between Flagstaff & Rockwood?
ogoinmyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #71

As far as I know it is just the stickers. But I may be wrong on that.

2014 V-Lite 30WFKSS taking life as it comes and loving every minute of it.
polymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by polymark View Post
As far as I know it is just the stickers. But I may be wrong on that.

I suppose technically one set of stickers might weigh more than another set, but you're more likely to notice the variations in weight inherent to the build process more so than the oz or toe difference in stickers.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #73
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Congratulations PapaBear3! And welcome to the Flagstaff family.

We put our 8528IKWS through the ultimate shakedown last weekend. Five days, going from Heat to A/C with rain every day except two half days. 4" of RAIN on Sunday alone! She passed the leak test for sure!

takin' er back out on the 25th to yet another new-to-us local park. We're blessed to have SO many great state parks less than 2 hours from us.

Easy weekends just to "escape from ordinary life".

Show off your new pretty baby and
We saw a Platinum Edition IKWS at our dealer's last summer after we got back from Tennessee and it is a good thing it was at the price it was or we would have one of them now to. DW and I fell in love as soon as we walked in. Maybe some day.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I suppose technically one set of stickers might weigh more than another set, but you're more likely to notice the variations in weight inherent to the build process more so than the oz or toe difference in stickers.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Well when they roll out if the same factory I would say the decals would be about the only difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409083183.866350.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	61502Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409083198.814872.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	61503

polymark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff