Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #41

good layout dealer nearby

After going to the huge Tampa show we decided to buy the 21fbrs. Cruiser model was a close second.
wnelsonfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnelsonfl View Post
After going to the huge Tampa show we decided to buy the 21fbrs. Cruiser model was a close second.
I think you will be happy we are
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #43

We just got our 2014 832IKBS home and we can not wait to go camping . PapaBear53
Papabear53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #44
Mod free 5er

As the salesman told us, "Best bang for the buck."
Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #45
NELA

Congratulations PapaBear3! And welcome to the Flagstaff family.

We put our 8528IKWS through the ultimate shakedown last weekend. Five days, going from Heat to A/C with rain every day except two half days. 4" of RAIN on Sunday alone! She passed the leak test for sure!

takin' er back out on the 25th to yet another new-to-us local park. We're blessed to have SO many great state parks less than 2 hours from us.

Easy weekends just to "escape from ordinary life".

Show off your new pretty baby and

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #46

Just bought a 30WFKSS. When we were shopping around I had the opportunity to have one of the RV techs show me around instead of a commissioned salesperson. This was great because I was able to get all the info on units with out any sales pressure. And also what units have the least repairs. My wife and I looked at several units but always compared it to the V-Lite 30WKFSS. For us it was perfect. It was the only unit that when I first looked at it I simple said, "Wow." When we decided that it was time to make a deal we went to our local dealer and we found a salesperson who had just started and made is first sale the easiest sale. Lol. Shakedown run should be May 9th who the 12th. I will let you know how it goes.
polymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:05 AM   #47
ARLO

After many shows and listening to too many salesmen, we decided on the Flagstaff 829FKSS signature ultra light. 1/2 ton T/V towable and the fit and finish was excellent. We have since toured the factory twice and were very happy with what we saw. We would definitely purchase another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	188.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	50340  
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #48

Interesting thread... I enjoyed most of the comments I read. Only one with delamination problems. We are into our 2nd TT and it's a FR product... a Surveyor Select. It has been pretty good but we are cramped in it. I have been looking and by chance came across a Flagstaff 832BHIKWS... whatever all that means... and I was impressed. Thanks for posting all of this. Real-world, user experience trumps sales hype, every time... I wouldn't hesitite to buy a Flagstaff after all these positive... and sometimes long-term experiences. I gotta upgrade my TV first... ...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #49
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Interesting thread... I enjoyed most of the comments I read. Only one with delamination problems. We are into our 2nd TT and it's a FR product... a Surveyor Select. It has been pretty good but we are cramped in it. I have been looking and by chance came across a Flagstaff 832BHIKWS... whatever all that means... and I was impressed. Thanks for posting all of this. Real-world, user experience trumps sales hype, every time... I wouldn't hesitite to buy a Flagstaff after all these positive... and sometimes long-term experiences. I gotta upgrade my TV first... ...
BH=bunk house
IK=island kitchen
WS=??

Old 05-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #50
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
BH=bunk house
IK=island kitchen
WS=??
WS= wardrobe slide
Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #51
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
WS= wardrobe slide
THANKS OC! It was buggin' da heck outta me that I didn't know what the WS stands for.

DUH.

Now I know the secret to all the alphabet soup in our model.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
BH=bunk house
IK=island kitchen
WS=??
WS= with slide =8 sleeps 32 long
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #53

I don't think all companies use the same codes in their model naming conventions.... but this helps a lot! Thanks, gents!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #54

Love the floor plan, great materials and colors, got an awesome deal at the Hershey PA show, and wanted someplace with a local dealer. Had some first year "bugs" like you always do with any brand and not so wild about that local dealer (always happens...I'm about out of dealers that I have not blacklisted), but on year 3 I still LOVE my camper and when we go to shows we may see others we like, but we still leave saying ours is the best.
kkhslh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #55
Mod free 5er

Quote:
I don't think all companies use the same codes in their model naming conventions.... but this helps a lot! Thanks, gents!
For Flagstaff which is what this thread is about, WS = Wardrobe Slide. Don't know about the others, you're probably correct.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #56

Quote:
Just my .02, but I just purchased the Rockwood twin (8327SS) of the 832BHIKWS and we all absolutely love it! Don't hesitate on that model!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #57

I lived in a Jayco class C for quite awhile, when building our home, and got somewhat familiar with what to expect from a TT, on the inside. When we started looking for a TT, mostly I just wanted to see what was out there, and let my wife get a feel for the sizes etc.. We stumbled on the V-Lite 26WFKSS in the search, and although I'd planned on finding something used, that idea went out the window.
I thought they looked reasonably well put together. The fit and finish on the inside, and the layout of the front kitchen really appealed to us both. We did the Diamond upgrade.
I've put a lot of years in as a finish carpenter, and considering it was a trailer, I thought the attention to detail was pretty good. FR, has done a nice job of honing their assembly and design.
Granted, we haven't had a chance to look at it from the driveway in front of the house yet, where buyers remorse might make itself first felt, but I don't expect any surprises.
We're anxious to take delivery, whenever that might be.
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by polymark View Post
Just bought a 30WFKSS. When we were shopping around I had the opportunity to have one of the RV techs show me around instead of a commissioned salesperson. This was great because I was able to get all the info on units with out any sales pressure. And also what units have the least repairs. My wife and I looked at several units but always compared it to the V-Lite 30WKFSS. For us it was perfect. It was the only unit that when I first looked at it I simple said, "Wow." When we decided that it was time to make a deal we went to our local dealer and we found a salesperson who had just started and made is first sale the easiest sale. Lol. Shakedown run should be May 9th who the 12th. I will let you know how it goes.

Well our shakedown was a success. We had a chance to test out all the systems and features of our 30WFKSS. Everything worked great and we absolutely love it!

Two things I did find that could be improved on though:
1. On the trim of the slides where the back side is exposed it should be finished. It's a minor thing and you don't see it if you are not looking for it. But I have a tendency to notice things like that.
2. Running the water lines I side the heating ducts would be a good idea for colder climates. This would be an easy way to avoid and any freezing issues.

Minor issues for sure. Over all constriction and finishing is excellent. For a 30ft trailer it tows great and in June it will be making a 3 week trip to the Yukon, that should be a great test.
We are very happy with our Flagstaff.
polymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #59

It was a Fleetwood dealer we were at, we liked the floorplan, and we liked the dealer. The 'dealer' did the welding on the added work I wanted done, showed me his welding, and had holes in his pants from climbing under the RVs he was working on when I walked in the shop.

Didn't care to spend much more than 2 hrs 'shopping' for an RV, the only other place I wanted to look was a Rockwood dealer, and the spouse had found the unit she liked--and wanted yogurt far more than looking at more popups.

Sold.
Bongo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #60

Saw a V lite come into a campground and was curious then later when I was at a dealer looking at another trailer saw a V lite again and asked to see it. It was just what we were looking for rear living room with the big picture window, they showed the wife the one we came to look at and she wasn't impressed. Showed the V lite next and when she saw it we were both hooked.

Tags
flagstaff