Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #1

Sofa

On my jack knife sofa, while traveling, it slides out and opens toward the dinette. It jack knifes and opens into the bed. It has side slides like a drawer and wheels on the front. It is screwed down with some clamps on the rear. Does anyone have a fix for this to keep it from sliding out. I thought about trying some type of wedge against the wheels or trying some locking type wheels.
But I think the locking type wheels will not work. I think the wheels would just slide on the carpet. I tried some type of furniture leg protectors (2"X2" square) but they did not work. The wheels just rolled over them. I also thought about placing a piece of wood in front of wheels and screwed to the floor but I am not sure how long a screw that I could use without going through the slide out floor? The problem with this fix is that each time I wanted to use as a bed I would have to remove the screws and the wood stop. I also thought about some type of wooden wedge to be placed into the drawer slide to keep it from coming out.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

I think I may have solved the above problem. When moving the sofa from the bed position to the sofa position, left up front of sofa and push back in hard. This seems to lock it in so it will not slide out. I will know on the next trip.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #3

Yes, I have this same issue, and handle it the same way. Lift the front up, slide it back, and then lower it. It seems to "catch" the front and prevent it from sliding open.
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote