Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #1

Sofa bed question

When I pull out my sofa into a bed. There is about a foot wide gap about a foot from the end of the bed by the wall with a cushion next to the wall. The person could sleep with their head toward the hall way instead of head against the wall. If the person slept with head at the wall, their shoulder would would fall into this gap. Anyone else have this problem? I have read on this forum where extra cushions could be ordered under warranty to fill this gap.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #2

We have a similar sofa bed in our 27RLWS. The gap is the same, perhaps even larger, as I put a 2x6 behind the sofa to keep it from contacting the wall while travelling or during set up. The inflatable bed has been used numerous times, and when filled with air, is rigid enough so that it doesn't bend into the gap.

We always put the pillows at the wall end, and several different people have slept there with no one complaining.
Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #3

My sofa is not inflatable. It is a pull out, kind of like a jacknife. From the wall there is a soft cushion about a foot from wall and the width of the bed/sofa, then a gap the width of the bed/sofa then about a foot with thin material covering the gap, then the rest of the pullout bed/sofa. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you solve it other than just sleeping with head toward the hallway and feet toward the wall.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:27 AM   #4

I have the same issue / question. Is there any other solution than the one above? Perhaps, inflate an air mattress and put on top?

Also, where / how do you put sheets on the fold out couch? There is no "mattress" to fit them to.
CaptainJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
Senior Senior Member

Hello, we have the same sofa and we could not get the part of the sofa under the big double cushion to lay flat when we folded it out. We put the cushion back in place and decided it would make a comfortable recliner like seat for watching TV but how could you sleep on it? Any ideas?

Tags
bed