Old 08-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
(Solved) Where is the water heater bypass in 2012 30wtbs v-lite?

Hi all, newbie here! I did a search but didn't find my answer so hopefully this isn't the 100th time someone has asked this one.

We have a new 2012 V-lite 30wtbs TT. The manual talks about switching the water heater bypass before winterizing with antifreeze, but I can't find the bypass valve.

It doesn't appear to be in the compartment on the outside where you access the waterheater itself - no water lines visible in there.

I got brave, removed the hinge closing the compartment under the pantry/wardrobe closet and found the water filter, the backs of the city water intlet and the outside shower, but nothing in there is screaming water heater bypass, although I think by process of elimination it must be in there somewhere.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here. Can anyone point me in the right direction. The owner's manual sure is useless...

arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Since you found the outside part of the water heater, go to that area on the inside of the camper. You may have to remove a panel or something to get to the bypass valves.

From some pictures I found on the net, and comparing to the floorplan, it should be in the corner between the stove and sink. Check for a removable panel under the sink, or at the doorway.

BTW....welcome to the forum !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Thanks mtnguy - that was fast! Going to go take a look.... if it's right behind the water heater then it's not going to be in the compartment where the filter is!

UPDATE... Yes, it is exactly behind the water heater. There's a little small cabinet door (tiny - like 4" by 8") in the corner under the sink and if you get on hands and knees, open that little tiny cabinet you can see the cut off valves right in there. The opening is so small I might have to get my 10 yr old to reach his hand in there when it's time.

Thanks again for the quick answer! It was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure it out.
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
Sometimes you can pull a drawer out from the otherside to make it easyer
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote

bypass, v-lite, water heater, winterize