Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #1

Sooooo Confused--Micro Lite Sapphire Package, Package A, and Standard Package D

Hi Forum!

I am so so confused by my options on my Flagstaff Microlite 23LB. The package options honestly don't make any logical sense to me. And, of course, every unit is different with what the dealer ordered on it.

If you have any experience with this could you help me out??

Here is a breakdown:

Sapphire Package (Cost $543.75)
--Premium Gel Gloss Fiberglass in Oyster
--Aluminum Wheels
--Frameless Bonded Windows

Package A (Cost $1,740)
--Tinted Safety Glass Window (isn't this a downgrade from the above Frameless Bonded Windows????)
--Microwave Oven
--LCD TV w/ AM/FM, CD, DVD
--13,500 BTU Ducted Roof AC
--Awning
--Spare Tire with Carrier and cover
--Gas/Electric Hot Water Heater
--Outside Grill
--Outside Speakers

Package D (NO COST - Standard Package)

--Bonded Windows (I'm confused as to why Bonded windows are part of a free package, and Tinted Safety Glass windows come with the $1740 package A??)
--LED TV with Radial Antenna (This is an LED tv and the Package A is a LCD TV? I don't get why a less expensive TV would be included with the EXPENSIVE $1,740 package and the more expensive TV is included in the FREE standard package..???)
--Polished Alloy Wheels (Isn't this the SAME as the Sapphire Package "Aluminum Wheels"??)

--Aluminum Sofa/Dinette Base
--Aluminum Cage Construction
--Vacuum Laminated 1 Piece Roof and Walls
--Enclosed Underbelly
--Torsion Axles
--Nitro Filled Radial Tires
--Multi Zone Stereo with Blue Tooth
--Outside Speakers
--13,500 BTU Ducted Roof AC
--Prewired Backup Camera
--Night Shades
--Undermount Kitchen Sink
--Solid Countertops
--Recessed Cooktop
--Roller Glide Drawers
--Microwave Oven
--A & E Awning
--Outside Grill
--Spare Tire with Carrier and Cover
--Black Tank Flush
--Gas/Electric Water Heater
--Double Door Fridge

Then to confuse things more--instead of the Sapphire Package, you can just order "Oyster Exterior with Color Keyed Roof for $290, but is that the same as the "Premium Gel Gloss Fiberglass" as part of the Sapphire Package that costs $543.75???

In Summary--
(1) What's the deal with the exterior fiberglass options as stated directly above.
(2) What's the deal with the "Tinted Safety Glass Windows" as part of the $1740 package A versus the "Bonded Windows" as part of the FREE Standard Package.
(3) What's the deal with the LCD TV as part of the $1740 package A versus the LED TV as part of the FREE Standard Package.

I am totally baffled by all of this. It seems very contradictory when looking at it in detail. I have even gone through and crossed out identical items between the various packages.

Thanks so much for your help!
Erica
ebell619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #2

Your dealer has you confused and a lot of it has to do with how Rockwood institutes changes.

For any unit built earlier...it could either be a 2016 or a 2017 built from the early spring of 2016 up until now. You can get the "Sapphire Package" and "package A" on those.

Right now they are starting to produce units with new floorplan changes and new color schemes. They'll also be 2017 units until they start calling them 2018 around February....The Sapphire package is not used nor is package A., you get standard package D and the oyster fiberglass option.

Your dealer should not be charging you for all those packages as they overlap between model revisions.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse