Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #1

Spots above the small slide on wall and ceiling

I have a used '07 Flagstaff 831BHSS that is in excellant shape. It has the two slides, the small slide has the bunk and bed. Above the slide on the wall and ceiling are numerous small raised spots that are no where else in the camper. The spots are not dark and are the same color as the wall and ceiling. I don't know if this is a defect that came from the factory or something that has caused this. I thought it was a leak but I can't find any bad area's on the roof or side. Is this something that someone has seen before?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalvey View Post
I have a used '07 Flagstaff 831BHSS that is in excellent shape. It has the two slides, the small slide has the bunk and bed. Above the slide on the wall and ceiling are numerous small raised spots that are no where else in the camper. The spots are not dark and are the same color as the wall and ceiling. I don't know if this is a defect that came from the factory or something that has caused this. I thought it was a leak but I can't find any bad area's on the roof or side. Is this something that someone has seen before?
Hello, and to FRF. A pic would help but I may have a visual on your issue. When they install the walls and ceiling in the camper they use a fastener like a staple once installed they will cover it up with a color that blends with the finish, so you may see what looks like a smear. As far as the raised look, there is a good chance that when the fasteners was install it may have not went in deep enough and now it is not flush and was left that way and covered up. If you look real hard and with the right light you may see this In other places in the camper.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
Commercial Member

If it has several small raised bumps, kind of looks like a rash, it is a water leak.

They will be hard, but they are from the water reacting with the luan board behind the wallpaper.

Does it look like this....

Steve
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

pictures failed.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstalvey View Post
I have a used '07 Flagstaff 831BHSS that is in excellant shape. It has the two slides, the small slide has the bunk and bed. Above the slide on the wall and ceiling are numerous small raised spots that are no where else in the camper. The spots are not dark and are the same color as the wall and ceiling. I don't know if this is a defect that came from the factory or something that has caused this. I thought it was a leak but I can't find any bad area's on the roof or side. Is this something that someone has seen before?

This sounds EXACTLY like the problem we had with our last trailer (2007 Rockwood 2601SS). After much to-ing and fro-ing between ourselves, our dealer and Forest River, problem turned out to be a roof leak. This became very evident after dealer peeled back the top edge trim of the roof and was able to see where roof plywood had water damage. Long story short - unit had to be returned to factory where entire roof and slide-side wall were replaced under warranty. You should insist that your dealer perform a THOROUGH and in-depth examination, including peeling back the roof membrane.

...VTX-AL
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
pictures failed.
????

I see them....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #7

Does anyone have a telephone number for Forest River?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #8

2008Wildcat,

I couldn't see your pictures until now. I'm glad you posted them. I checked inside my tt after seeing your pics and found the same thing down the wall next to my slide. Didn't think of looking there since I noticed the delamination over my slide, that's the only place where I looked inside.

I printed out your post and pics and will take them to my dealer Monday when I take the tt to them.

Thanks again!

Kstalvey,

Try these numbers;
Forest River Ph. Number, 574-389-4600
Forest River Parts Dept. 574-262-2212
Rockwood & Flagstaff (219) 533-5934

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #9

Now that I see your pic, I had the wrong vision sorry about that. Back in July I had posted about the same problem under the thread "bubbles on the wall" I was told by the dealer that this cames from a leak from the roof, but for some reason I don't buy it. My problem is not at the roof line but under the window along the lower wall on the back of the camper. The bubbles do not start just under window but lower and there is no path created by a water leak. The dealer also told me that the black color under the wall paper is black mold. I am not convinced. Here in the North/East we had over 40" of snow and my camper is park on the driveway out in the open, now that I have been able to get into the camper I see no change on the back wall and no delam on the out side wall. Right now I think there is a reaction between the glue and or the material that has been used by the manufacture when the temp in the Summertime increases and direct sun light. With the camper closed up all Winter there is no smells from mold or mildew and the pattern of bubbles have not changed or increased or develop anywhere else at this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bubbles.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2265   Click image for larger version

Name:	bubbles open.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	2266  

Tags
flagstaff