Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #1

Stabilizer Jack Fuse Location

I have a Flagstaff 27 BEWS TT. The factory switches for the stabilizer jacks were not water proof. One of them must have shorted out and blown the service fuse for all of them. I have no power to any jacks. I purchased new water proof switches and would like to install them but can not locate where the factory hid the fuse. I called the dealer and the service tech said that Forest River likes to conceal their wiring. I do have the sealed under belly also.
Anyone else located their jack fuse on the above or similar model?
Thanks, RMc
Wheels Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #2

I don't have a flagstaff by my stabilizers and jack have an in line fuse that is off the battery by the propane tanks before the wiring gets to the fuse box. (Its a little plastic housing in the shape of a blade fuse and the top pops open to change the fuse) Found it when my jacks quit working.

I doubt they would have a fuse hidden beneath the underbelly liner but anything is possible.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:38 PM   #3

Sorry I have not been able to reply to all the responses to this thread.
Oh wait there was only one? Thanks Kimber45
I found the fuses you mentioned inline before the fuse box. I thought they were for the jacks but when they were removed the slide outs did not work, so I know what those fuses are for. I am camping right now and my sources tell me there is a fellow camper that is a retired electrical engineer and can fix anything. Evidently if I place a bottle of Wild Turkey under my camper as bait, it will lure him to take a look at my rig. Until then the search for a resolution continues.
RMc
Wheels Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #4

More often than not the stabilizers are wired in to breakers that will reset themselves when tripped after a delay. They are usually mounted near the front underneath by the frame. It is possible that one of the breakers is malfunctioning. Not knowing your unit it may be different but most newer ones are set up as such. Good luck.

Doug
2005 Road King
5 Grandkids
Brianna,Frankie,Tyler,Tori&Jocelyn
dougk53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse, location