Old 08-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #11
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
Brand of tires?
Marathons. I didn't like the Load Range C China bombs, so I bought Goodyears, Load Range D, and run them at 60 - 65 lb. So far, so good; they run pretty cool.

"But, oh that magic feeling, nowhere to go." -- The Beatles

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:22 AM   #12
We have a 2014 8528IKWS and pull it with a 2014 Ram Laredo 4x4 with 5.7Hemi and high ratio rear axle (3.83) and 8 speed transmission. We get 8 - 10 mpg loaded up depending on speed, road, hill, and wind conditions. No issues pulling in 3 trips Michigan to Florida and back. However, though we love the trailer we have had a lot of issues: leaking black water tank at drain fitting (fixed/sealed by mobile service company after dealer didn't fix properly), foul black water tank vent smells due to vent air being pulled back into trailer by ceiling vent fans when windows closed up (had to seal around vents at roof level), black water tank drain valve actuator rod bending so valve would not shut (installed guide tube of pvc pipe), rear stabilizer switch broke, the over the island sink glass shroud came loose and fell and shattered, ceramic coating on inside stove grate spalling/chipping off (bought replacement), borderline class "c" tires cracking and pinhole leaks/flats (replaced with hopefully better class "d" ones), cupboards above stove and microwave bending so cans and bottles won't sit straight (had to reinforce as thin plywood had zero inside underneath support), bathroom tap set defective/leaked and replaced with chromed bronze one vs. original plastic one, shower skylight lower frosted panel glue dried and released the panel (reglued), stove/fridge slideout not centered and not closing properly despite dealer adjustment so did it myself per web information, stereo not wired properly so did it myself, storage compartment electrical plug loose/pulled out, storage area side plastic storage boxes cut and fit improperly and replaced by dealer but still not fitting so had to adjust/cut them to fit properly myself, burnt out led light in front storage compartment(dealer did this one right), driver side propane tank regulator blew diaphragm and was triggering propane alarm(I replaced regulator), major water leak and flood via rain leakage around refrigerator vents which were not caulked/sealed properlyI I pulled apart and silicone sealed and reclamped them), cabinet door hinges pulling off (glued toothpicks into holes and then rescrewed them), had to repipe and add an extra furnace vent in main cabin area and reduce heat up into bathroom and hallway for comfort, wires coming loose on taillights, screws coming out or loose and braces coming off on outside lower side body sheathing and trim, bath sliding access door jammed in track as screws in track are used as door stops but jam the rollers so added a spring style door stop on wall for open position and a floor stop at other (closed) end. Now after 3 years of resolutions (most of them by my own repair) I don't want to trade as the trailer is now where it should have been after factory build and dealer delivery and we really do like it now! We have upgraded the undersize 32" living room tv to a 39" which just nicely fits the opening and covers the unsightly wires that used to be exposed below and I have devised a way to install the original 32" unit behind the access door to the storage compartment utilizing the feed and electrical plug there. (I found out since that some of these models did have an optional retractable/folding arm for this purpose but our dealer sure never told us about that feature). I also tried a rear bumper clamp-on hitch for a bike rack but it was starting to dent the bumper so I replaced it in time by taking to a welding shop and having them weld a length of 2x2 steel tubing underneath the bumper and to a 2x2 hitch receiver in the middle and then with tabs at the two ends also bolting it to the exposed lower sections of frame that protrude under the bumper and hold it on at either side. This latter addition is super solid and could probably tow a small trailer behind it as it goes right to the frame as well as reinforcing the bumper along its entire lower length. BTW we will never ever set foot in the door of the Detroit area westside camping center dealer we bought it from! If you would like more details of the fixes and modifications then just send me a request!

jz5w63 is offline   Reply With Quote