Old 08-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #1

Still happy with our flagstaff 5ver.

We are on our second year with our 8528BHWS 5ver and the minor issues had been taken care of last year by our dealer, I recently added two coat racks between the display panel and the door because I am tired of coats laying around the 5ver. We try and take it out every other weekend and it has been a great unit so far. We pull it with a 2011 super duty with the 6.2L gas v-8 and it handles it very well. Anyone pulling this unit with a ecoboost or one of the diesels?

Old 08-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #2

Still love ours, too

We have a 8528tbws which we ordered and picked up in Iowa (sight unseen).
We have had it for a little over a year. It has been great. No problems. The only things we have done were adding stuff to make it "our own".
I think it is a quality trailer and has many extras that other inexpensive trailers do not have. We love it!

4aggiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #3

The 8528tbws was my second choice. They are a nice unit as well.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:58 AM   #4

We have an 8528 BHWS as well it's a 2014 and this is our 3rd season with it. We had a few minor things taken care of by the dealer the first year, this year I've had a few more issues. First the rear electric stabilizer jack stopped working. No big deal easy enough to crank it it down till I can get under it and remove it to have the motor repaired. Last trip out the motor for the rear slide stopped working on a weekend I was putting 4 adults and 8 young kids In it. I NEEDED that room. Turns out the motor is fine but has separated from its housing. I was able to unscrew the skin from the underside,slide my arm up in and with my hand insert the motor back into its gear housing for the slide while someone worked the button and it went in and out. Leaving for vacation In a week,dealer has no openings and I'm not sure how Im gonna get access to make repairs without damaging the skin beneath the camper. It makes it harder that I don't store the camper at my house it's in a lot about a mile away so I can't just wander out and work on it at my leisure.
The big weekend with all the kids and adults went well and ended up with 6 adults and 5 kids sleeping in our camper, with the only other issue was the air bed would not hold air all night. I took it outside filled it laid on it for 20 minutes and it held. Put water on it hoping to find a leak, found nothing figured maybe the valve was not closed correctly, same thing next night. Oh well great weekend just the same just a few issues that made it frustrating.
It is a great unit but I'm thinking of selling and going back to a bumper pull, as I really miss the bed of my truck....so maybe this will be my last season with it if I can find a taker for her.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:52 PM   #5

We have the 2016 8528 IKWS and love it. Bought in Florida and are in New York with s few trips to Ohio Lake Placid and the Thousand Islands. We tow it with a
2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Turbo Diesel.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #6

Thumbs up 8529IKBS

We traded in our 2015 bunkhouse for the 2017 8529IKBS in June. We loved the bunkhouse but my mom isn't going to travel with us anymore, so we didn't need that extra bedroom and 1/2 bath. We never had any problems with Bunkhouse, and our new one is great. Right now it's in the shop because our RV storage facility was broken into and 18 RVs were broken into. Ours was one of those, we are having to replace the door and cabinet doors. We love the 2015 and never had issues with it at all, and the new one is even better from the one time we got to use it. I can't wait until we get to move in next year and start traveling full-time.

Andie Piehl
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite
Fort Worth, TX
Go TCU Horn Frogs!!!!
Old 08-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #7

8529ikbs !!!

We purchased the 8529IKBS like apiehl and simply love it!
We are bumping up on 10 months of ownership.

Other than two very minor things which I easily fixed myself, we've had no complaints.

I did add fans to the (in slide) refrigerator but other than that, the rest of the modifications I've made, simply made good, great.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #8

We still love our 8528 IKWS. Also in our third season. We are in the heat of August hiatus so it's time to get a few things done to it. The rear stabilizers are getting repaired as well as a new city water inlet. The switch burned out on the stabilizers last fall so I have been raising/lowering them manually. Not been a big deal so I waited till it needed something else done. The cheap plastic city water inlet won't seal and I can no longer twist the collar so it's getting replaced to hopefully with something better quality.

Also going to invest in some TPMS this month to keep an eye on the new tires that replaced the China Bombs this spring. Once September gets here we will be out in it every weekend and then two full weeks in October.

Every time we are out in our Flagstaff the DW or I comment on how much we love it.

We plan to go full time in about four years and know the Flagstaff will not be up for full time living. If it remains as good of a trailer as it has been thus far, it may be hard to part with.
G.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #9

Brand of tires?
Old 08-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
Brand of tires?
Maxxis

G.B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff