Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #1

Stock Awning Size

Does anyone know the correct factory awning size for a 2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS? I purchased mine used and the previous owner forgot to take it down in the wind. I measured the two brackets that are still attached to the camper however, they don't really match up with any awning size.

I believe it is a 20ft awning that should be on there. Does anyone know where this information could be found or should I measure bracket to bracket and then round down since I know they are measured usually center to center of the brackets.

Thanks in advance!
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

For example my trailer has a 17' awning as listed size but it takes 16' 7" fabric.
Do you still have the roller ? Or no ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, no unfortunately I have nothing but the feet that the hardware goes into on the bottom of the camper. It's tricky because it is either a 20ft or 21ft. I am obviously going to replace the hardware (have to) but, I don't want to put extra holes in where those brackets are so I have to find the size somehow. I have the sales brochure from that year and of course the manuals but, it doesn't mention any specific size. I might have to wait for someone with the same model to chime in or take a gamble.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagstaffer06
Thanks for the reply, no unfortunately I have nothing but the feet that the hardware goes into on the bottom of the camper. It's tricky because it is either a 20ft or 21ft. I am obviously going to replace the hardware (have to) but, I don't want to put extra holes in where those brackets are so I have to find the size somehow. I have the sales brochure from that year and of course the manuals but, it doesn't mention any specific size. I might have to wait for someone with the same model to chime in or take a gamble.
I think I have a 2006 brochure in the house for the flagstaff 832 bhss tt we used to have.
Might be worth a shot.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #5

I just had a new awning installed on my Puma 25RS. It measured about 20 Feet. It was a Dometic. I can look on the part numbers if you want me to. I have all the info out in my trailer....or I can drop the awning and look at the part numbers. Be glad to do it tomorrow in the daylight.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagstaffer06 View Post
Does anyone know the correct factory awning size for a 2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS? I purchased mine used and the previous owner forgot to take it down in the wind. I measured the two brackets that are still attached to the camper however, they don't really match up with any awning size.

I believe it is a 20ft awning that should be on there. Does anyone know where this information could be found or should I measure bracket to bracket and then round down since I know they are measured usually center to center of the brackets.

Thanks in advance!

Found this on an earlier post: They might have the info

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rlss-8278.html
Old 09-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #7

Thank you all for the replies. No need for the part numbers. I am able to find all the available part numbers out there. I just need to find out what size should go on there. I have a .pdf of the 2006 sales brochure. Some floorplans show the awning size and others don't. Of course, the 831RLSS floorplan doesn't say anything about an awning. I'm going to try and take a few more measurements tomorrow. I may even end up calling Forest River to see if they can give me any information. Unless, I am able to find someone else with the same trailer I probably won't have much luck finding the exact size. Thank you all so much for the replies.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Thank you all for the replies. No need for the part numbers. I am able to find all the available part numbers out there. I just need to find out what size should go on there. I have a .pdf of the 2006 sales brochure. Some floorplans show the awning size and others don't. Of course, the 831RLSS floorplan doesn't say anything about an awning. I'm going to try and take a few more measurements tomorrow. I may even end up calling Forest River to see if they can give me any information. Unless, I am able to find someone else with the same trailer I probably won't have much luck finding the exact size. Thank you all so much for the replies.
That should be the first thing you do, not an afterthought.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #9

Wow, if you didn't want to reply you don't have to.

I took multiple measurements coming up with in between sizes, checked all available literature and then asked the question on the boards thinking it would be the best option before a last resort and calling Forest River.

Could you imagine if every single person on this board contacted Forest River before ever posting a question? I could understand if this was a warranty question but, it certainly isn't that.

Sorry that you had to read my post, I just joined this board a few days ago, with most boards and forums on the internet everyone is eager to help everyone out just as the folks above did or people do all over the forum.

If you feel I or other people should be calling Forest River first before posting, I am sorry you think that way but, have a nice day and I apologize for making you read my thread.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Wow, if you didn't want to reply you don't have to.

I took multiple measurements coming up with in between sizes, checked all available literature and then asked the question on the boards thinking it would be the best option before a last resort and calling Forest River.

Could you imagine if every single person on this board contacted Forest River before ever posting a question? I could understand if this was a warranty question but, it certainly isn't that.

Sorry that you had to read my post, I just joined this board a few days ago, with most boards and forums on the internet everyone is eager to help everyone out just as the folks above did or people do all over the forum.

If you feel I or other people should be calling Forest River first before posting, I am sorry you think that way but, have a nice day and I apologize for making you read my thread.
Sensitive much??

All I was saying is that the manufacturer will know exactly what they put on your trailer. I was trying to help you save time and get the actual facts on your trailer instead of relying on guesses from anonymous internet posters who cannot see your trailer.

Are you new to the online world?

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #11

Thanks again for the reply, not sensitive by any means. I guess you could have rephrased your post previously as it sounded like you were blasting me because I was wasting people's time by posting here instead of contacting Forest River. A response like speaking with Forest River would be your best bet would have been more understandable.

Again, no hard feelings by any means, the response just made it sound like I was bothering the forum members by asking a question.

This is one of those things even if you saw the trailer you can't tell unfortunately. Again, thanks for your reply, I am going to contact Forest River.

Also, not new to the online world by any means only new to this forum but, never received a response like yours before in all my years belonging to and even running a small motorcycle forum previously. No hard feelings though, appreciate everyone's responses regardless.

Have a good day!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #12

As I sure you know, reading a post online, you don't get the body langue or the voice inflection. So 2/3's of the communication is lost. It is possible to offend someone and not even know it.
I have not seen very much "Flaming" on this board and I think the moderators do a good job of keeping that contained.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
Always Learning

I didn't read pappcam's response the way that you did, but I can see how you got that impression.

That said - if you contact Forest River with the last 6 or 8 numbers from the VIN, they should be able to pull the original build sheet for your trailer and tell you exactly what was on it.

Other than that, I have no info - good luck!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #14

Thank you for the reply, I'm going to give them a call and see what I can come up with.

I can see it both ways after getting the response, thanks again!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #15

Just as an update in case anyone ever needs to find this out. It took some digging but, I figured it out. I contacted FR and they emailed me an appliance sheet which listed everything installed and ordered on the unit. This had hand written serial numbers of everything put on. I then ended up contacting Dometic/A&E gave them the serial number and I was able to find out then what size awning it was. It ended up being a 19ft awning. Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Site Team

Glad to hear you got the information you were seeking. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Based on what I have read in other threads regarding measuring our RVs you could had easily received several different answers to your question.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Just as an update in case anyone ever needs to find this out. It took some digging but, I figured it out. I contacted FR and they emailed me an appliance sheet which listed everything installed and ordered on the unit. This had hand written serial numbers of everything put on. I then ended up contacting Dometic/A&E gave them the serial number and I was able to find out then what size awning it was. It ended up being a 19ft awning. Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.
Thanks for the reply back, I always wonder how things turned out. I am taking mine back to the rv dealer tomorrow to get my roller rod replaced after my awning was damaged by water. The new one they installed had a dent in the bottom, told me about it when I picked it up, ordered another rod.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #18

I have 20' awning. Dealer showed me one that was bent. He said awning over 18' should be supported in centre which I did, no problems. Supported even when retracted.
mlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Linda View Post
Thanks for the reply back, I always wonder how things turned out. I am taking mine back to the rv dealer tomorrow to get my roller rod replaced after my awning was damaged by water. The new one they installed had a dent in the bottom, told me about it when I picked it up, ordered another rod.
You should consider having one of these installed in the new one.

http://www.megax57.com/products/MX57...e-unit%29.html
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #20

have u tryed a parts dept. for rvs.... give them u r messurement and i think they can give u the correct size..
diegro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning