Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2018, 07:08 AM   #21

8529RLWS

The tires had about 10,000 miles on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1254 castle.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	183057  
Frankie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #22

Dealer repair

I called the repair shop and they told me they have fixed the problem. They lifted the countertop off the cabinet and the moved it until lt became flush with the wall, then reattached it to the cabinet. The service manager says they have cycled the slide and the gap didn’t reappear. They did the same with the countertop on the partition between the dinette and living room. They are waiting for FR to send them the material for the backsplash. We will send pictures when go to the dealer.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Those trying to get in contact with the factory at this time, do be aware that the Goshen Rally is about to start and the factories are preparing for the rally. There is a lot of prep work that goes into the rally and trying to get all of that done and work with other claims becomes taxing. Keep up the communication, but don't get discouraged if you don't get a call back right away during this time.
So this event takes them way back into the beginning of July, to prepare? Because that is how long I have waited for a answer from them on a different item.
Tim Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #24

8529RLWS Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie66 View Post
I called the repair shop and they told me they have fixed the problem. They lifted the countertop off the cabinet and the moved it until lt became flush with the wall, then reattached it to the cabinet. The service manager says they have cycled the slide and the gap didn’t reappear. They did the same with the countertop on the partition between the dinette and living room. They are waiting for FR to send them the material for the backsplash. We will send pictures when go to the dealer.
Frankie66 for your sake I hope this repair holds up. Interested to see pictures when you get them. I am still fighting with FR to get my unit repaired. Dealer refuses to touch it again because they wanted to send it back to the factory for repair from the beginning. Today marks 8 weeks (dropped off at dealer 6/19) of the back and forth with no solution.
dnm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #25

8529RLWS Repair

We actually went to look at the repair today. The Rv was inside the body shop so we could not extend the slide. The countertop and wall did not have a gap. The kitchen counter backsplash is still on order. We also noticed the kitchen sink had dropped down as the counter top covers were no longer flush.The repairs to the outside were going well until they tried to fit the sheet metal guard that was torn apart by the castle rock tire that exploded while we were driving in Oklahoma.The piece that FR sent was to short. It will take two to three weeks to get the new piece, our RV has been in the shop 4 weeks-and 4 days.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #26

Quote:
We actually went to look at the repair today. The Rv was inside the body shop so we could not extend the slide. The countertop and wall did not have a gap. The kitchen counter backsplash is still on order. We also noticed the kitchen sink had dropped down as the counter top covers were no longer flush.The repairs to the outside were going well until they tried to fit the sheet metal guard that was torn apart by the castle rock tire that exploded while we were driving in Oklahoma.The piece that FR sent was to short. It will take two to three weeks to get the new piece, our RV has been in the shop 4 weeks-and 4 days.
Frankie66,. I honestly don't think that will fix the issue. The issue seems to be the wall flexing when the slide goes out and in. Keep a close eye on it and don't let your one year Forest River warranty expire. Also sounds like a new issue with the sink.
maillady04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #27

8529RLWS

I agree, we WILL keep an eye on the repairs. The mechanics at our dealer are trying so hard to fix us. I hope FR IS DOING THE SAME!
Old 09-06-2018, 09:33 PM   #28

structural-issue-2018-flagstaff-8529rlws

We were informed yesterday that the repairs were complete on the kitchen counter. The dealer said they had lifted the counter and rescrewed to the wall. We went to the dealer today and checked on the repair. We cycled the kitchen slide out three times and left it in the open position for 30 minutes. The cabinet and countertop did not separate. My wife noticed that the sink countertop covers were no longer flush so we removed the covers and found the sink had been possibly damaged during the repair. This would cause water to leak into the cabinet while the faucet was turned on. Tomorrow will be week number seven that our Forest River has been in repair, if they have to replace the sink it will be another three weeks. The repairs on the outside of our forest river from the blown castle rock tire are also still not complete and are waiting on parts from the forest river company. We called Forest River today and they said the parts should be shipped no later than next week. Unbelievable and unsatisfactory!!!
Old 09-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #29

Frankie66 I still have no resolution to the repairs needed on my unit at this time. The 19th will be 3 months it has been at the dealer repair shop. Last update I received from FR was that the higher ups in the warranty committee were still deciding what to do (this was 3 weeks ago) and FR is giving my dealer the same answers.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #30

Finally Repaired

Well Oct 5th my unit was finally taken into the Factory in Indiana for Repairs. I spoke to Deb Rimsa yesterday repairs are complete and my fifth wheel is being released for transport back to my dealer. We shall see what was done to fix the issues hopefully by the end of next week. Work order was very vague in describing exactly how things were fixed but after 4 months of back and forth this is progress.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #31

Dealer repaired ours

We got our Rv back10 days ago from the dealer in Jax Florida. The repairs took ten plus weeks. They told us they had to lift up the countertop and screw the cabinet base into the wall then lower the countertop back onto the base. We went camping this weekend and so far the cabinet and countertop have not separated from the wall. Longest leg of the repair time was waiting for parts from FR for the damage done by the tire blowout
Old 04-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #32

Quote:
We got our Rv back10 days ago from the dealer in Jax Florida. The repairs took ten plus weeks. They told us they had to lift up the countertop and screw the cabinet base into the wall then lower the countertop back onto the base. We went camping this weekend and so far the cabinet and countertop have not separated from the wall. Longest leg of the repair time was waiting for parts from FR for the damage done by the tire blowout
Frankie66, have you had any more issues with your unit?
Old 04-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #33

So far so good

The repairs on the countertop have held but the dining room partition still has the separation from the wall which varies in length every time we set up at a campsite. We have had several repairs that we repaired , dining room lights fell from overhead, dinette table broke loose from the partition, electric brakes have a wiring problem, toilet seal leaking, and propane regulators leaking which set off our alarms. I repaired most of the items listed and definitely will not bring it back to the dealer/ factory for repairs unless absolutely necessary. The dealers and factory repair shops are overwhelmed, with inexperienced mechanics and are trying to hire people with little results. I feel sorry for the experienced mechanics. America needs more trades man and woman. After all is said and problems fixed we are on the road again.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #34

Quote:
The repairs on the countertop have held but the dining room partition still has the separation from the wall which varies in length every time we set up at a campsite. We have had several repairs that we repaired , dining room lights fell from overhead, dinette table broke loose from the partition, electric brakes have a wiring problem, toilet seal leaking, and propane regulators leaking which set off our alarms. I repaired most of the items listed and definitely will not bring it back to the dealer/ factory for repairs unless absolutely necessary. The dealers and factory repair shops are overwhelmed, with inexperienced mechanics and are trying to hire people with little results. I feel sorry for the experienced mechanics. America needs more trades man and woman. After all is said and problems fixed we are on the road again.
Wow! Sorry to hear of your other issues. Our unit was sent back to the factory to be fixed and repairs done by the factory did not hold on either the counter top or the partition, and came back with other damage. I looked on the FR website and this floorplan doesn't show up as available anymore.

Tags
flagstaff