Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #21

THIS ONE is bigger at 1-Liter. Tempted to try it out.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

I buggered up the wall getting the filter out so the installation is not pretty or I would take a picture of it. It is a very crowded space with wires and pipes everywhere (which contributes A LOT to the noise). I hope to get some spare time to fix up that compartment one day.
Go ahead and post some pics. I need to do the same mod and I would like to see the connections after the filter canister is removed.

Matt
Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid21SS View Post
...Didn't say not to step on the edge of the slide out while its retracted until we already did entering before him.
Just curious as to why. I did it the other day when I forgot to turn off the water heater (weekend warrior). I remember before driving away, hopped up through the entrance and put one foot on the edge to reach the switch....

Yikes, what did I break now
2011 Surveyor 304
g0tr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tr00t View Post
Just curious as to why. I did it the other day when I forgot to turn off the water heater (weekend warrior). I remember before driving away, hopped up through the entrance and put one foot on the edge to reach the switch....

Yikes, what did I break now
The wood under the carpet is flimsy and un-supported when the slide out is in and I guess it could crack if stepped on. What pissed us off is he leads us in to the camper and comes in last and tells us as we are already stepping on it
Hybrid21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #25

Here is a pic of my water filter..Plenty of room around it for an accumulator tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG01651-20110706-1054 (Small).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	6700  
Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

5 gallon expansion tank - Google Search

If I had ANY room I would have installed one of these.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
THIS ONE is bigger at 1-Liter. Tempted to try it out.
Damn, the way I had to jam mine in I could have fit that one in easily.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #28

Just used our 2011 Roo 21SS for the second time...first time dry camping.
1) Dealer didn't show us how to do the water heater bypass until I asked on a later trip back for slide topper install.
2) Didn't show us about the fridge slide adjuster, either.
3) Nobody said anything to us about not stepping on edge of slide when closed.
4) On our first dry camp this past weekend, filled the water tank, and turned pump on. Pump ran continuously, but no water at taps, nor in water heater. Hooked up temporarily to pressured water, and taps worked. Nobody told us we had to prime the water pump. After disconnecting the inlet tube from the pump and overfilling tank till water started coming out of inlet tube, reconnected it and all worked as expected. DO I NEED TO DO THIS EVERY TIME???
5) Nobody told us the fins inside fridge would condense water & freeze, reducing efficiency (increasing temp in fridge). Freezer stayed in -1 to 6 degrees, but fridge went from 36 up to 47 degrees (above 40 not good!). Ended up moving twin fridge fans from right side to near middle of fins, which helped dry out condensation, and temp went back down to 38-39 degrees. ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO PREVENT THIS CONDENSATION??
LoryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoryJ View Post
After disconnecting the inlet tube from the pump and overfilling tank till water started coming out of inlet tube, reconnected it and all worked as expected. DO I NEED TO DO THIS EVERY TIME???
No, the pump is a self priming pump. It can suck water over 5 feet vertically. However, there can NOT be any air leaks on the suction side. Sounds like the fitting you removed was the culprit and you fixed the leaker when you re-tightened it after you got water at the hose end.

Quote:
ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO PREVENT THIS CONDENSATION??
Just like in your home fridge/freezer it is a function of humidity and "door open" time letting in the wet air. There is a "Climate Control" switch in the door jamb that uses 12 volts and should not be used on battery.

From the manual (recommended reading):

G. CLIMATE CONTROL
During the summer months of high temperatures and humidity, the metal frame between the freezer and fresh food compartments may have water droplets forming. The number of water droplets will increase if the vehicle isn't air conditioned during these months. This refrigerator comes standard with a 12 volt (DC) climate
control that will evaporate the water droplets when they form.

To have the climate control on, you position the switch ("C", Figure 10) located beneath the top decorative strip that houses the control panel to ON. The climate control can be left on continuously or only used when temperatures require it.
! CAUTION
THE CLIMATE CONTROL WILL DRAW 12 VOLT DC POWER CONTINUOUSLY WHEN IN THE "ON" POSITION. IT SHOULD BE TURNED "OFF" WHEN A CHARGING SOURCE IS NOT AVAILABLE. IT WILL QUICKLY DRAIN THE CHARGE FROM A BATTERY.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf DM 2652operation.pdf (193.7 KB, 84 views)
Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #30

herk7769, thanks for the info. My fridge is a Dometic DM2652RBFX, and doesn't appear to have the switch you indicate, and doesn't appear to have that feature. In my user manual, the "Climate Control System" is only indicated to apply to model NDM1062. (The manual you attached is for a model RM2652/RM2852, and has a 1995 date on it -- my manual has a 2009 date). Guess FR went for a cheaper fridge in my trailer, and I have to rely on my fans to circulate air and keep the fins mostly dry/frost free :-(.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #31

Quote:
I have to rely on my fans to circulate air and keep the fins mostly dry/frost free :-(.
I just ordered a pair of CPU cooling fans designed for installing inside a computer. There is a set of "instructions" floating around on the web for installing these as fans that move the air around the inside of the fridge, keeping temps more even, plus reducing condensation. They should be at the house when I return from this trip, so I'll get them installed, and let you all know how they work.

They also make a small "blue" fan (WalMart or Camping World) that runs on two C-cell batteries. They last a couple of seasons, before the condensation destroys the contacts and/or they just wear out.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
I have a thermometer in mine so I know it is at temp or not - Camping world has these nice clip on skinny narrow thermometer's.
We have a wireless thermometer that we use to watch indoor and outdoor temperature of the trailer when we're camping. I usually place the outdoor transmitter on the tire or somewhere else that's convenient and shaded. When traveling, since I typically don't travel with the propane on, I'll throw the transmitter in the fridge or freezer and put the receiver in the cab of the truck so I can watch the temperature. I guess I could do the same occasionally when camping to make sure the fridge/freezer are within limits.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #33

The fans I got I became aware of from these forums -- they're the ones from eBay for ~$15 (hook up to the fridge light and clip onto the fins at the back of the fridge compartment).

SORRY TO HAVE HIJACKED THIS THREAD....BACK TO TOPIC....
Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
herk7769, thanks for the info. My fridge is a Dometic DM2652RBFX, and doesn't appear to have the switch you indicate, and doesn't appear to have that feature. In my user manual, the "Climate Control System" is only indicated to apply to model NDM1062. (The manual you attached is for a model RM2652/RM2852, and has a 1995 date on it -- my manual has a 2009 date). Guess FR went for a cheaper fridge in my trailer, and I have to rely on my fans to circulate air and keep the fins mostly dry/frost free :-(.
Operation & Installation Manuals - Dometic

I could not find your manual.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #35

Please tell me that all of this "stuff" is covered in the owners manual so that I don't have to rely on the dealer for every detail.
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #36
(Kim)

I recently had an 'issue' with my water heater while trying to use 'electric mode'.

I don't remember them telling me that the WH switch that is on the main console inside, only controls the 'gas' mode. I was all 'wth' when the 'dsi flt' light kept coming on.

When I consulted the manual, there was very little information about running the WH and no mention of anything about using 'electric', let alone, how to run it on both 'electric and gas'.

We had no internet there so I had to wait until I got home to ask the guys/gals on here what to do.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #37

Just recently camped with electric and wondered why the water heater kept running on propane as I kept hearing the exhaust come out the unit. Came on here to learn of the proper use of the electric and even pictures to show where the electric button with the wire through it was located. I found the walk through to be very basic and mostly information I already knew. I have learned far more from this forum and the knowledgeable people on it
Old 07-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #38

Hybrid,
Where is thread about proper water heater use? I only use electric. Have I missed something also?
Sir Veyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #39

Found it here http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ater-7870.html
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #40
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Please tell me that all of this "stuff" is covered in the owners manual so that I don't have to rely on the dealer for every detail.
I am TRULY sorry to say, but this forum is pretty much your "Support after the sale." The "manual" is generic and the same pamphlet ships with all FR products Motor Home or camper.