Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #41

Thanks Hybrid
Sir Veyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #42
Boondocker

Didn't show us the "night" part of the day night shades. DGF discovered it our last trip out!
LOL

BC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #43

Manual! Did U say Manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I am TRULY sorry to say, but this forum is pretty much your "Support after the sale." The "manual" is generic and the same pamphlet ships with all FR products Motor Home or camper.
Lou,
You said it, the manual that came with our 2011 Flagstaff is so generic, its practically worthless and you are right I have learned so much from these forums here and on RV.net.
Thanks to all these fine folks for sharing. Guess we were all newbees once but its much appreciated resource here on these forums.
Regards,
Wanderer,
All who wander are not lost!

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well, you mean I assumed that there was a filter installed in our 831RLBSS for the last 2 years when there is none?? Yeck

I had the same realization as you guys. Wondered what / where that water filter went. Got a torx driver out one day and started popping off doors and found the water filter (w/o filter) under the pantry. A person would have to have childs arms and hands to get it changed, so I went w/ the external filter for $20 from Camping World and it does an even better job. Higher GPM and filters more things out. And you don't have to worry about pulling the filter out to winterize.

Tom
2011 V-Lite 30WTBS
2010 F-150 Supercrew 5.4
trjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #45

Talking Trailer Leveling & Misc.

Okay - no laughing now.... The one major item either I missed or was not covered was how to level my travel trailer. I know this seems pretty basic, but this is my first trailer and I thought the stabilizer jacks would handle leveling from side to side.. I quickly discovered this was not the case... (Leveling front to back was realatively simple using the tounge jack.) So, I made my first run back to the trailer parts supply and picked up a 10 pack of 'Lynx' style leveling blocks - looks like giant legos if anyone is interested. Solved my problem and was fairly simple too. One other item that I do not know about is the Cable/Satellite hook-up. There are external connections for both but where does the cable box go?? Need some help on this one...Thanks!
mwaldschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #46

Things they didn't tell you in the walkthru

Things they didn't tell you in the walk thru. "Thanks for my commission you are now or your own, sucker" .

Sorry to be so cynical.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #47
Site Team

I don't remember directions about leveling either but so far I've been lucky and haven't needed to adjust. However, I've only been camping on pavement not dirt.

As for being on my own - I must have an usual relationship with my service department because some 10 months later they are still willing to refresh my memory or teach me what I need to know. I do understand that this isn't the case with many owners on this board.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #48

Thanks - my dealer is close to where I work and will stop in and 'visit' but do not want to become a bother... so far, I have been pleased - no major problems that I have found...
mwaldschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaldschmidt View Post
Cable/Satellite hook-up. There are external connections for both but where does the cable box go?? Need some help on this one...Thanks!
only difference in this and in home is the cable would attach to the cable connection on the outside; on inside, attach cable between tv jack and cable box. selection between cable and tv is done by turning the power on or off at the tv jack.
sat connection is for the dish antenna.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #50
PINTO

Just a note, first time I hooked up cable. The picture was fuzzy and hard to see. After changing, cable, splitter, and even hooked up to the site next door. Just for the hell of it my son in law turned the antenna power boost off and the picture was clear! lesson learned. " turn antenna power boost off when you hook kup cable".
Chevy 3500 LT Dually
Kpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #51
Site Team - Lou

These attachments should help I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBL and SAT inputs.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	7192   Click image for larger version

Name:	SATTV DIAGRAM.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	7193  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall PLate Amp.pdf (143.1 KB, 27 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #52
Wanna Be Camper

Can't say our dealer missed anything and they even sent out a document to all their customers last fall on proper methods of winterizing the trailer. Well I guess they missed telling me how to not make a mess when I removed the water filter canister that sits under the entertainment unit beside the subwoofer. My brother in law was looking at it and casually said why not put a kitchen catcher garbage bag around it when you take the housing off and it will catch the water. Pretty simple and cheap fix to the mess and we see no pressure loss with it as it seem to be a slightly smaller version of the one we have in the house. We have an activated charcoal filter in ours.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl View Post

The dealer should have mentioned that little fridge adustment 'thingie' inside the refrigerator as part of the walk-thru, no???

Darren
'11 M/L 23LB
It was mentioned in our walkthru along with a warning that it can fall off and if so you'll get a warm fridge.

I don't think our guy missed a thing during walkthru. Since our dealer is almost more of a used car lot and other dealers at the RV show bad mouthed them, I can't say anything but good about them.
Butler Pre Owned

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpinto View Post
Just a note, first time I hooked up cable. The picture was fuzzy and hard to see. After changing, cable, splitter, and even hooked up to the site next door. Just for the hell of it my son in law turned the antenna power boost off and the picture was clear! lesson learned. " turn antenna power boost off when you hook kup cable".
That happened to us too...only I figured it out myself...my 8 year old is too young for us to have a SIL yet!

fordmantpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #55
MrT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Can't say our dealer missed anything and they even sent out a document to all their customers last fall on proper methods of winterizing the trailer. Well I guess they missed telling me how to not make a mess when I removed the water filter canister that sits under the entertainment unit beside the subwoofer. My brother in law was looking at it and casually said why not put a kitchen catcher garbage bag around it when you take the housing off and it will catch the water. Pretty simple and cheap fix to the mess and we see no pressure loss with it as it seem to be a slightly smaller version of the one we have in the house. We have an activated charcoal filter in ours.
My filter's in a tough spot, too--but I'm able to snake a shallow tray in to catch my mistakes. I like your garbage bag idea. Oh yeah, and our dealer (Terrytown in Grand Rapids) did a super job of going over the unit upon delivery, and has been highly responsive in every way after the sale.

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012-2017
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #56

The person doing our delivery told us the stove hood vent vented inside the TT through filters. After reading some posts recently of people loosing vent cover on the outside of their rig I was curious what they were referring to. Well, my wife and I visited our TT tonight and did a once over to make sure the storage facility was treating it well and I found a vent cover I didn't recall... after looking, I found it was the vent for the stove hood. Now we can vent our cooking outdoors and not have fumes in the TT.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #57

During our walk through I ask the kid who was giving us the tour is there a backup plan to retract the power awning if it failed. The answer I got was: “you will just have to cut the fabric off and tie the frame to the side of the trailer”. Later when we had the 5er at home I read the manual for the power awning, nowhere did it say to cut the fabric off. What it stated was to remove the screw from the roller and roll it up with strap that was included.

2010 Wildcat 30LOFT
2011 RAM 3500 CCLB Cummins
HookMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookMeUp View Post
During our walk through I ask the kid who was giving us the tour is there a backup plan to retract the power awning if it failed. The answer I got was: “you will just have to cut the fabric off and tie the frame to the side of the trailer”. Later when we had the 5er at home I read the manual for the power awning, nowhere did it say to cut the fabric off. What it stated was to remove the screw from the roller and roll it up with strap that was included.

I wonder what the kid would have sugested if you had asked what would you do if the slide would not go back in.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrye5853 View Post
The person doing our delivery told us the stove hood vent vented inside the TT through filters. After reading some posts recently of people loosing vent cover on the outside of their rig I was curious what they were referring to. Well, my wife and I visited our TT tonight and did a once over to make sure the storage facility was treating it well and I found a vent cover I didn't recall... after looking, I found it was the vent for the stove hood. Now we can vent our cooking outdoors and not have fumes in the TT.

That's funny, same with us. Only now it's more apparent because it's turning yellow like our power jack housing. Time for the Fusion spray paint.

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, K&N intake tube w/6637, Exhaust, AIH delete, Foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315/75/16's, '04 headlights.
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaldschmidt View Post
Okay - no laughing now.... The one major item either I missed or was not covered was how to level my travel trailer. I know this seems pretty basic, but this is my first trailer and I thought the stabilizer jacks would handle leveling from side to side.. I quickly discovered this was not the case... (Leveling front to back was realatively simple using the tounge jack.) So, I made my first run back to the trailer parts supply and picked up a 10 pack of 'Lynx' style leveling blocks - looks like giant legos if anyone is interested. Solved my problem and was fairly simple too. One other item that I do not know about is the Cable/Satellite hook-up. There are external connections for both but where does the cable box go?? Need some help on this one...Thanks!
Camped last week with my sister and BIL and their "new to them" Coleman pop-up. They had this little 6-inch torpedo level to check the level and they were just going to drive around on the site until it was level. I asked them if they had leveling blocks and they looked at me like I had three heads and hailed from the planet Zycor!! I loaned them some of our Lynx leveling blocks, since we weren't using all of them and I told them to buy some when they returned home. This was OBVIOUSLY not told to them when they picked up their pop up. They had never owned any type of camper before. They also didn't know how to get water into their cassette-type toilet. My DH and our friend, who had owned a previous pop-up, lent them a hand and they had it working in 5 minutes. They hadn't been able to use it at all this year and calls to their dealership service department weren't ANY help at all.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote