Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #1

Super V lite question

Today, Looked at the Super V Lite 26VFK. I noticed that it only has 30A electric and one A/C. Some trailers I have looked at are wired to 50A.
Is 30A OK for this trailer and does one A/C on a hot day do the job. I know on 30A you cannot have as much running such as A/C, microwave, toaster and hair dryer all going at the same time.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
Old Timer

30 amp service!

Hi, I have the 26 FKS and you are fine with the 30 amp service. It actually will do better than the 50 amp service in most situations. The 30 amp service makes 30 amps available for the different items in use in you trailer. A 50 amp service actually provides two 25 amp circuits. I had a motor home that I could not run my coffee pot and the microwave at the same time because they were on the same circuit. With the 30 amp circuit I do not have a problem. You will be able to run your air conditioner and make coffee at the same time. I was able to keep cool in AZ a month ago with the outside temperature at 95 degrees. The only issue I have with my 26 vfks is the unit needs to be elevated 2" on the side opposite the slides or the unit becomes un-level when bedroom slide goes out. The stabilizer jacks will not keep the unit from tipping when the bedroom slide is put out.
5.4 L V8, Tow Pkg, Equalizer Hitch
2015 Flagstaff VLite 26VFKS
ddcarr is offline   Reply With Quote