Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #11
Take The Road Less Travld
 
MuddauberE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 499
Yeah, then I don't think I have true surround sound. But it works better than the little speaker on the tv
__________________

__________________
"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2017 Ford F-150 EB
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
Yeah, then I don't think I have true surround sound. But it works better than the little speaker on the tv
Amen to that!
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
It is my understanding that TV output using the red/white RCA plugs will not be true surround sound. The Concertone has a "theater" setting the will output left/right stereo audio to the back speakers with a 0.5 second delay to "simulate" surround sound; but it is not.

ONLY the digital output TVs (with COAX or Toslink) can send the Dolby signals to the Concertone (or any other amplifier).
Thanks Lou, but now you are talking past my pay range.....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #14
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Thanks Lou, but now you are talking past my pay range.....
They say a picture is worth something, so here is a link to what I am talking about.

Toslink Socket - Buy Toslink Socket,Digital To Analog Audio Converter,Analog To Digital Audio Converter Product on Alibaba.com

The "dog house" shaped "door" is an optical socket (Toslink) and takes a fiberoptic cable (photo of ends attached). There may be one on the back of your TV and there is one on the back (not front) of the Genesis and ZX-800 Concertone radios.

The TV may also have a yellow/orange single RCA jack. This is a COAX digital audio output. There is a marked Digital RCA socket (female) on the back (not front) of the Genesis and ZX-800 Concertone radios. This can be used with a single shielded RCA Male to male audio cable as long as it is well shielded (or buy a shieled one at Best Buy).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33952.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	52362  
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #15
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
They say a picture is worth something, so here is a link to what I am talking about.

Toslink Socket - Buy Toslink Socket,Digital To Analog Audio Converter,Analog To Digital Audio Converter Product on Alibaba.com

The "dog house" shaped "door" is an optical socket (Toslink) and takes a fiberoptic cable (photo of ends attached). There may be one on the back of your TV and there is one on the back (not front) of the Genesis and ZX-800 Concertone radios.

The TV may also have a yellow/orange single RCA jack. This is a COAX digital audio output. There is a marked Digital RCA socket (female) on the back (not front) of the Genesis and ZX-800 Concertone radios. This can be used with a single shielded RCA Male to male audio cable as long as it is well shielded (or buy a shieled one at Best Buy).

I think it depends on which Genesis he has. The GT-2.0 in ours has both a Toslink and a COAX but they are for output, not input. I can't send a digital signal into the GT-2.0. Instead I wired RCAs to carry the stereo sound back to the Genesis. I won't have true surround sound, but at least I have some sound when watching over the air or from an iDevice hooked up to the HDMI of the TV.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,602
Kaadk- Depending on how well the Gensis decodes dolby they RCA may provide some rear channel decoding with RCA. I have both hooked up, with the Optical full surround is possible. With the AC on you can not hear the difference so I just us RCA connections for audio most of they time from the TV. My sat receiver feeds the TV as well so this gets to the Genesis via RCA feed.
Brian
__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #17
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Kaadk- Depending on how well the Gensis decodes dolby they RCA may provide some rear channel decoding with RCA. I have both hooked up, with the Optical full surround is possible. With the AC on you can not hear the difference so I just us RCA connections for audio most of they time from the TV. My sat receiver feeds the TV as well so this gets to the Genesis via RCA feed.
Brian

Yeah, I believe there is 'some' decoding, but the speakers are so cheap I don't think it makes much of a difference. Are you using Toslink with a GT-2.0 or a 3.0? My Konka TV only has COAX audio out so that was all I could try hooking up. But much like I figured based on the manual only referring to output settings on the GT-2.0, it didn't work.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #18
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I think it depends on which Genesis he has. The GT-2.0 in ours has both a Toslink and a COAX but they are for output, not input. I can't send a digital signal into the GT-2.0. Instead I wired RCAs to carry the stereo sound back to the Genesis. I won't have true surround sound, but at least I have some sound when watching over the air or from an iDevice hooked up to the HDMI of the TV.
Can you upload a scan of the page that has the rear connections? I don't have a digital manual for a Genesis 1.0 or 2.0. (Uploading the manuals would be awesome!)

As far as I know, the digital connections are inputs. There would be no reason for there to be digital outputs since the speakers connect up to the unit. Not saying you are wrong (I have no facts to say that), just that it would not make any sense to me for them to be digital outs.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #19
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Can you upload a scan of the page that has the rear connections? I don't have a digital manual for a Genesis 1.0 or 2.0. (Uploading the manuals would be awesome!)

As far as I know, the digital connections are inputs. There would be no reason for there to be digital outputs since the speakers connect up to the unit. Not saying you are wrong (I have no facts to say that), just that it would not make any sense to me for them to be digital outs.
The original's sitting in the TT in storage, but I got my digital copy from here:

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/m...11.26.2011.pdf

It's the same as the one in my TT.

It doesn't specifically label them as input/output but page 25 that shows the audio setup refers to an Audio Out setting. Combined with my trial and error on the COAX I can only assume they're for output only.

I figure the outputs are there to support sending to an external processor/amp if you didn't want to use the onboard speakers.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,606
I guess I'm still confused. Just went out to the trailer put on tv to video. turned on the Genesis 3.0 / TV is Toshiba. Used the CD Seabiscutt. You can hear the difference in each speaker as the horses run the sound comes out the rear speakers while the people talking comes from the center and front. You can hear the difference from the speakers isn't that surround sound. The dealer said and left the RCA cables attached and installed a HDMI cable. Maybe I don't know what surround sound is? It is set to 5.1 or I can switch it to Doby Sound or stereo or mono. I have 5 speakers in the ceiling and a sub-woofer in the entertainment center. Just in my Solon main area which is A. You can even hear the horses hoofs running as they will travel in a circle around the front and back with music coming out the center speaker.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.