Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #1

Test run 2014 30WIKSS

1ST trip out (only 2 days) with the newly purchased 30WIKSS. This is our 1st camper with any slides. Not to self.....always check slide clearance (city water hook-up pipe) before opening the slide !!!. No harm done...but lesson learned. 2 questions. #1--genesis 3.0 radio. No TV sound thru radio speakers when put on AU2 as manual states. Any suggestion ? #2 how do you winterize without getting antifreeze in the water filtration unit ? I just removed the filter prior to doing it since I was not sure.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #2

Congrats on your 2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS.
1. Is the TV wired (audio out) to the Genesis? Have you tried other inputs on the Genesis besides AU2? Just because that's what the manual states it doesn't mean that's the way it was connected at the factory.
2. If you can easily access the water filter you can spend a couple bucks and make a bypass for it just like the water heater. Just make sure you empty the filter canister when you winterize.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply Wiscampsin. I have tried all other input options on the radio. No luck with TV sound. However, DVD movies sounds great with the speakers. Just with I could get the TV sound to work. Good idea on the bypass suggestion.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
Perma-Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigarm View Post
1ST trip out (only 2 days) with the newly purchased 30WIKSS. This is our 1st camper with any slides. Not to self.....always check slide clearance (city water hook-up pipe) before opening the slide !!!. No harm done...but lesson learned. 2 questions. #1--genesis 3.0 radio. No TV sound thru radio speakers when put on AU2 as manual states. Any suggestion ? #2 how do you winterize without getting antifreeze in the water filtration unit ? I just removed the filter prior to doing it since I was not sure.

Thanks in advance for any input.
If you look on your remote or on the head unit itself you will see an A,B,and C. These turn the speakers on or off, A = living area, B = bedroom, and C =outside. Maybe they are just turned off.

No choice but to get some anti-freeze in the filter bowl because the anti-freeze inlet goes right through it to get to the rest of the system. Personally I would eliminate the filter system all together and just use an in-line filter off the spigot. Thatís my next project given all the horror stories I have read about the filter bowl backing itself off and flooding the trailer. If you do keep it, remove the filter element before winterizing. We have the same unit you do and we just took ours out for the first time last week, and everything worked great. A couple things that broke on us were the living area door locks and the fireplace stopped blowing hot air.

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Perma-Newb

BTW, hows towing this trailer with the F150 listed in your signature? My dealer told me a lot of folks tow this same trailer with 1/2 ton trucks and I couldnít believe it.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #6
NELA

Congratulations! DH and I traded in this same model/year in January for the 5er listed below.

That is one FANTASTIC TT! The only reason we traded ours in (owned it for 8 months) is because we both have a disability that makes hitching up a bumper pull a challenge.

You'll LOVE LOVE LOVE that his/her bathroom!

Lotsa bling in your new baby!

P.S. We towed ours for a while with an F150 Ecoboost, then upgraded to an F250 4X4 (anticipating the upgrade). There were a few "tail wagging the dog" episodes with the F150, I'll admit.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. Yep, checked the A,B,C speakers to verify they are on. I Still can't find the problem. Yeah, this 7400 lb. beast is a little tuff on the FX4 F-150. previous TT was a Puma 25RS (5300 lbs.) and a lot easier on my truck. Will admit I am nervous pulling it but I have only had it about 2 weeks. Give it 5-6 trips and it should be ok (I hope). Sorry to hear about the lock and the fireplace. Hope they are a quick and easy fix.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
Perma-Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigarm View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Yep, checked the A,B,C speakers to verify they are on. I Still can't find the problem. Yeah, this 7400 lb. beast is a little tuff on the FX4 F-150. previous TT was a Puma 25RS (5300 lbs.) and a lot easier on my truck. Will admit I am nervous pulling it but I have only had it about 2 weeks. Give it 5-6 trips and it should be ok (I hope). Sorry to hear about the lock and the fireplace. Hope they are a quick and easy fix.
Our TV has a HDMI cable coming out the back and it goes to the back of the head unit. That said, Iím not sure if the wiring for the entertainment system is done at the dealer or the factory, but if itís the dealer, maybe they didnít wire yours correctly?? As for our broken items, warranty work is easy and free, not typically quick though. We are going to take it out a couple more times to work out the bugs and then we will bring it to the dealer with our punch-list.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
NELA

The only real problem we had with our V-Lite can be found here:

A caution to those who own Flagstaff V-Lites

This was handled by our dealer and Flagstaff with absolute excellence. At least two others had the same problem which was repaired by our same dealer.

Might want to check for this on yours. It can be easily checked by looking at the left back (facing the sofa) sofa leg.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #10

Weezer--wanted to give you a shout-out and big thank you for posting that info. I actually seen your post the night before I picked-up my new TT. This was great info and the rep and I checked this at the time of the PDI. All is good on the hole / wires topic. However, fist trip out the couch did move and had the pubbing issue with the slide. The other topic I came armed with was the tire rub issue. I also checked this. Current clearance is about 4in. from top of tire to TT bottom. 1st. trip loaded with food, clothes, adult beverage the trailer has not dropped and no tire ribbing after 150 mile trip. Safe to say if it's ok now, it will stay that way ?