Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #1

Tilt Arm Mod to Konka 22" TV Mount Bracker 25ds

Hello Folks -

Owner of a new 2011 Mico Lite 25ds, trying to improve visibility of Konka 22" LCD TV. This model year eliminated the tv shelf and added a tv , swivel arm for the tv.

The viewing angles are poor on this TV unless you are looking straight on. From the dinette or sofa the picture is lousy.

I have been scouring the forum and internet looking for a modification to the existing vesa, swivel tv mount that would enable tilting the tv down for a viewing angle that makes tv viewable.

Alternatively I could replace the whole mount, in which case I would like to use a mount from same mfgr. so I do not have to drill additional holes.

Does anyone on the forum have experience with this issue?

Thank you in advance, and love the new trailer.

David

(posted in Rockwood Mini Lite thread since the models are identicle, though users are not likely to cross read)
Solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #2

For folks interested in answer to my original post, a kind member replied re the mount he used. Here is my his response and my reply to him about new setup in the trailer, to dump the less than adequate Konka tv..

(pardon typos..he was in a hurry

This is the unit I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Tilting-Bracket-Plasma-10~26inch/dp/B002NAQ090/ref=sr_1_127?ie=UTF8&qid=1329684373&sr=8-127

I remove the TV and bolted the tilt head back plate to the existing swing arm. You need to drill some holes in the tilt head back plate to maxt up with the swing arm but very straight forward. You then mount the TV to the the VESA compliant holes in the new tilt head. You will need some bolts and nuts from Home Depot. I believe I used 1 inch 1/4 20 thread to mount the TV. Please check length. You need to use a lock washer and nut for th bet security.

With this head you need to set the tilt at the maximum donw angle and tighten. This work very well when viewing from the couch or the bed. If you sit at the dining table it is still a bit off angle. but this not the best view anyway.

There a othr similar mounts to choose from. The wsing arm itself is a very good product to bad it didn't include the tilt option?

Regards,

SCCannon

SCannon - Thanks so much for the info.

ok, I got the mount, an IPS Dell 23" monitor, a HDHomerun Dual tuner networked (tiny!) tuner box. Selling the Konka for $50 to the Foreman on farm where I store the trailer... he has helped me out on hitch stuff. Hopefully installing today!

IPS monitor will have no bad angle / darkened viewing...paid $240 with taxes. here's some info:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lcd...pon,14627.html

The HDHOmerun will feed 2 signals to PC that I can record / watch / store using Win 7 Media Center as DVR softward. Home Theater on the trailer. Way cool!

What kind of drill bit did you use for monitor mount? Can you set it either way? so the 15 degree tilt will go down or up??

THX for your help!

David
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #3

Thanks this may be useful to many

2020 Salem Cruise Lite 241QBXL
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Eco-Diesel
Previous Trailer -> 2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
-> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #4

SCannon's response to the drill bit question:

David:
I used Black and Decker carbide drills fr the install. Drilled a pilot hole with a 1/8" bit and 5/16" to finish for the 1/4 20 bolts I used. I locked the tilt head in the maimum down position for my install.

Got my install done...works like a champ! Thx again Scannon! David

Tags
25ds, tv mount