Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #31

Check my other posts.

Only odor happens when flushing. Pulled the toilet, every gasket is fine, use chemicals and other methods suggested here by the boys. I just believe it is not venting adequately.

Or someone else is using my bathroom because mine doesn't stink!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief
Be careful how much you cut off, if any. I recently decided to install a cyclone type sewer vent device on the vent tubes on my Unit. In one case I had enough pipe extended to attach the device. In the case of the other vent, it was cut at an angle and I could not attach the device. They had cut the front flush with the top of the cover. I ended up trimming the outside cover so that I could expose enough vent pipe to connect to. I then had to caulk the entire base, as soon as I stabilized the vent pipe inside the cover.
Help me understand how the tornado do ma jiggy works on a closed system ?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #33

[QUOTE="Timex"]My vent cap has one screw that holds it to the roof flange along with 3 push down snaps. Don't know, but I would think there would be some caulking under the roof flange that would also be around the pipe. The pipe cannot be turned by hand so I tend to believe it won't move up/down either. It is not secured at the to
Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex
My vent cap has one screw that holds it to the roof flange along with 3 push down snaps. Don't know, but I would think there would be some caulking under the roof flange that would also be around the pipe. The pipe cannot be turned by hand so I tend to believe it won't move up/down either. It is not secured at the top, so it must be at the tank.
Found answer, your pic, on cap prominetly displays "vent should be 2-2.5" above roof". Your's appears to be 3". They allow 1/2" tolerance = 1/2-1" clearance.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #35

Ok, I didn't measure while I was up there. So if I measure and it is 3" do I trim 1/2" or is it the correct hieght?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Help me understand how the tornado do ma jiggy works on a closed system ?
Real simple, it doesn't. Just a selling gimmick.

The vents are just for allowing air into the tanks when you empty them. Otherwise, they would collapse the holding tanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #37

I just put on the Cyclone vent covers on mine.It looks like they would slide over the black pipe without cutting them. I used the old caulking to pack around the black pipe to stabilize the pipe and still allow it to move. I used self leveling lap sealant to seal it and had three vents done in 20 min.
I had the nasty sewer smell sometimes when driving or if the wind hit the vent just right. I did it three weeks ago and so far so good. Not saying it fixed the issue but for less than 65 dollars it was worth a try.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #38

Glad it is working out for you. I don't have a MH, but for $65, I can hold my breath while I flush.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Glad it is working out for you. I don't have a MH, but for $65, I can hold my breath while I flush.
lol it wouldn't matter they don't work anyway
its a closed system the vent is only there when you drain tanks so as to not suck the tank in .

no 3.00 dollar nor 100.00 dollar vent will evacuate fumes from the tank.
unless of course you leave your toilet open 24/7
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #40

Ok here is a clue it isn't the vent. Look at the photo with the cap off. The piece where the cap screws into is ABOVE the pipe coming up, so that is not being blocked. Sure you can cut the pipe but it will do absolutely no good. I don't have an answer for you, just trying to keep you from wasting your time cutting