Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex
Ok, I didn't measure while I was up there. So if I measure and it is 3" do I trim 1/2" or is it the correct hieght?
Yes, the cap says 2-2.5" above roof . The screw post is now 1/8-1/4" below cap. Need 1/2- 1" removed. Just confirm the mfg. direction to your cutline. It will allow better drainage for sure. Having trouble with internet or Forum site. Tough to log on.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Help me understand how the tornado do ma jiggy works on a closed system ?
I agree that in a closed system the cyclone vent does nothing more than the regular vent cap.

However, with the shape of the cyclone and it being able to move in all 360 degrees, with any wind it should cause a vacuum on the back or vent side. So, in theory, when the toilet valve is open it should pull air/fumes up the vent instead of allowing air/fumes up through the toilet valve. I can't see the vacuum effect being enough to make a great difference.

If you have the fantastic fan on, I'm sure it would override the effect of the vacuum.

2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #53
2011 Berkshire 390BH

I understand the logic of the "science", but ever since I put the cyclone type things on the vents, no odor what so ever. Cost $65, DW and DD not complain about odor - PRICELESS!!! ;-).

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #54
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King View Post
I agree that in a closed system the cyclone vent does nothing more than the regular vent cap.

However, with the shape of the cyclone and it being able to move in all 360 degrees, with any wind it should cause a vacuum on the back or vent side. So, in theory, when the toilet valve is open it should pull air/fumes up the vent instead of allowing air/fumes up through the toilet valve. I can't see the vacuum effect being enough to make a great difference.

If you have the fantastic fan on, I'm sure it would override the effect of the vacuum.

thinking outloud here but for the three seconds or less that your flush valve is open im thinking not much air is going to move anywhere .
if it works for you then im satisfied .
Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
thinking outloud here but for the three seconds or less that your flush valve is open im thinking not much air is going to move anywhere .
if it works for you then im satisfied .
Agreed... I don't have them, I think they are a gimmick... Your right if the system is closed it will do nothing... Their video on you tub shows driving down the street and not saying it but leave you to believe that the thing is sucking out the bad fumes... No way, unless someone has propped open the toilet valve or they have added another vent to the tanks...

http://youtu.be/zPvldWvC16g
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #56
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King View Post
Agreed... I don't have them, I think they are a gimmick... Your right if the system is closed it will do nothing... Their video on you tub shows driving down the street and not saying it but leave you to believe that the thing is sucking out the bad fumes... No way, unless someone has propped open the toilet valve or they have added another vent to the tanks...

Camco Cyclone RV Plumbing Vent - YouTube

Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #57

So if everything is working correctly all traps are full all toilet seals are closed all the time your system works better than mine. I sometimes have a seal that is held open a little by some paper or something else. I grab a rubber glove and clean it and it works fine. I have two toilets 3 sinks and a washer all hooked to one of two smelly tanks. I then drive down the road at 62 mph and sometimes my wife or someone else will use the toilet. I think that if the vent is at least not letting air enter the vent on the roof then it is helping with the smell. I never had the smell all the time but the once or twice is bad enough. It would happen when driving and almost always when showing it off to a friend or relative. I don't know if these work but i will post the smell comes back.