Old 05-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #11

IF you can get your black water rinse hose into the toilet from the inside, put a "fireman's" type of nozzle on it and see if that works to push down anything that may be lodged. I have used a stick to dislodge large mater in the past I also let the black hose flush the tank for at least 10 minutes twice during the emptying process.

2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
You can also back wash from black tank valve to get water to dislodge solids and flush...

Flush King - Valterra FK-02/F02-4350 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
This is what I have and it works great. You can see when the mater chunks stop coming out and you are down to the light brown water. I would recommend this for sure.

2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:44 PM   #13

I have a flush connection to clean out black tank. My blockage is between toilet and black tank. Will the tank flush help. Black tank was emptied and flush out 2 days ago.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #14

IMHO your going to have to use a stick, coat hanger, or small snake to dislodge this blockage. If your concerned about a snake, or the stick/hanger getting stuck due to it's end configuration, take black tape and wrap it around the business end and you'll have a smooth "battering ram" to break through the blockage. Others may say it wouldn't work--believe me it does. I've used it on mine and several friends that were experiencing exactly what your facing.
I don't see where the black water flush is going to help you much as your stoppage has got to be in the down tube and the black flush can't spray at an angle to reach up into that tube.
As a last resort, and I think it should be the last resort. put a high pressure nozzle on your flushing hose, open the toilet valve (with water off) and stick the nozzle a few inches into the toilet down tube and stuff a towel/rag around the hose to keep the water from backing up. Have someone turn on the water to the hose and keep pressure on the hose/rag and see if the high pressure will blast it out. Nothing you do here can physically harm the RV, the thing you don't want to happen is for the water to "blow back" and splash brown water every where or the blockage to not let go and your toilet start to fill up with brown water. To minimize these risks, have VERY good communication with the person outside turning the hose faucet on/off!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #15

Possible issue with toilet

Just to share our experience...we bought a 2016 Wolf Pup and had toilet issues suddenly. Turns out when it was built, the pipe that went from the toilet to the tank was way too long. There was only about a half inch clearance from the bottom of the tank. Our dealer had to open it all up and cut off the pipe so things would go through.
We were gently using it--only #1, never #2 (solids). We had an expert flush it all out for us and he was totally stumped. Sure enough. It was built improperly!!
Good luck!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
IMHO your going to have to use a stick, coat hanger, or small snake to dislodge this blockage. If your concerned about a snake, or the stick/hanger getting stuck due to it's end configuration, take black tape and wrap it around the business end and you'll have a smooth "battering ram" to break through the blockage.
I say this again. A coat hanger work for me or try fish tape if you like. Don't be a fraidy cat. From what you described the blocking is in the pipe right below the toilet. Stick something down there and unplug it. Just do it!
Old 05-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
I say this again. A coat hanger work for me or try fish tape if you like. Don't be a fraidy cat. From what you described the blocking is in the pipe right below the toilet. Stick something down there and unplug it. Just do it!
Amen, Brother
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #18

If you have a straight drop to the tank, hold the valve open with your water off and take your awning pull rod if you have one and shove it down to the tank using the hook end. Break up the pile of solids built up like a pit toilet at the bottom of your drop pipe. Break it up then fill tank with plenty of water and dump the tank. When you leave the camp fill the tank about half full so it will agitate on the way home.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #19

This isn't an answer for the immediate problem, but X2 on the flush wand. I have a tank flush system that I use every time I empty, but every couple months I use the flush wand inserted through the toilet. It's like a pressure washer for the tank. Works very well.

A tip if this helps....my exterior shower is located just outside the bathroom wall. I drilled a hole in the back wall of the shower head enclosure, and that way I can feed the flush hose in through the hole and it is only about 4 feet to the toilet. Makes doing the flush much easier-no need to drag the hose across the site and in through the door and down the hall etc!. I use a rubber stopper to plug the hole in the shower head enclosure when it's not being used.

Good luck with it.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #20

After problem solved

I've been RVing for about 7 years+ and each time I drain and flush my black tank I fill the toilet 5 times and flush out anything in its way. Have never had a problem following this procedure.

Good Luck.