Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

Trailer Aid Plus ?

What is a good jack to use to change a flat tire if you have one? Does the trailer Aid plus work as advertised? I have the torsion axles on my 8528RLWS. Will the trailer aid plus work with the torsion style axles?
porkchopjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopjack View Post
What is a good jack to use to change a flat tire if you have one? Does the trailer Aid plus work as advertised? I have the torsion axles on my 8528RLWS. Will the trailer aid plus work with the torsion style axles?
Yes they will work, there is couple of different brands, get one with the highest lift. Much faster and easier then a jack...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #3

It works well on axles that close together, but you may have issues if your axles are spread apart. I have seen from others on here that asphalt and concrete surfaces are not to kind to the bolt heads the ramp uses to grip surface as you start your climb up. So they may be "one and done". I really don't know yet I have one but have not used it yet. At home I have a stack of 2X10's screwed together that works great. Free material courtesy of the housing construction.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer