Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #21
Wanna Be Camper
We only carry water when dry camping as most do. Although I do find the trailer seems to tow better with a full fresh water tank.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
I also carry a few gallons so we can flush and wash. The first time I carried a full tank the rails that hold the tank bowed down a bit! Not too worried about it though, the bowing hasn't gotten worse and I have carried a full tank many times since.

backin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #23
To the OP - somebody must have been pulling your leg. If you're convinced not, you might want to think about using a different dealer.

In the past we've always towed with empty FW tanks unless we knew there wouldn't be drinking water at our destination.
Someone above mentioned something about emergencies. We towed way more this year with the new trailer than we have in the past several years and having a bathroom a minute away from the driver's seat at any time was quite a convenience. I think, I am going to start towing always with at least a partial tank all the time, swishing or not.

Our FW tank is behind the axles so I can play around with the hitch weight if I want, although the rig seemed to run pretty well with the tank full.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab, Vortec Max
Prodigy, Reece DC

GAL119 is offline   Reply With Quote