Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #1

tripod stablizer on revolution pin box

I want to add stability to my 5th wheel. I use x chocks between the wheels. I still have movement when walking in 5ver. Can a tripod on the king pin be used on a revolution pin box?? Does the block on the revolution pin box that goes into the hitch get in the way of the tripod?? Will the pin box still pivot side to side? Does anyone use one of these tripods if so what brand is a good one that easy to set up. I have a 2013 Flagstaff 8528RKWS

Paul J S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #2

I would put JT Strongarm stabilizers on instead of a tripod. In my opinion a tripod only takes out bounce in the gooseneck but not much for the lateral movement you probably feel.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Plug It Right

I agree about permanently installed aftermarket stabilizers. Much better than the bi-pod we endured for too many years before putting them on. What a difference. Hugs, Di
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html
Dutch & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch & Di View Post
I agree about permanently installed aftermarket stabilizers. Much better than the bi-pod we endured for too many years before putting them on. What a difference. Hugs, Di
X2 take a look at the bal stabilizers. I have them on mine less expensive then others and they work great
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBergstrom View Post
I would put JT Strongarm stabilizers on instead of a tripod. In my opinion a tripod only takes out bounce in the gooseneck but not much for the lateral movement you probably feel.
X2 on landing jack stabilizers, whichever brand. I like winfields cause you can tighten them in place, but the point is that you have to have a substantial angle to do any good and the landing jack already have alot of weight on them so lateral resistance, which the stabilizers provide do the best job.

The other thing is to block up the rear stabs so they also have a substantial angle, and or put strongarms or whatever on them also.

Lastly chock the ties with Rotochoks to help out.

If that is not enough for you situation, yu need to put jacks right my the wheels to take out the bounce.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. I ordered bal stabilizers today should have them in a few days

Paul J S is offline   Reply With Quote