Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #1

TV Mount / tilt arm add-on for 2011 Mini Lite 2502S

Hello Folks -

This is cross posted from the Flagstaff thread as the 2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502S is identical to the 2011 Flagstaff Micro 25ds I just purchased, but I am afraid few read both sections of the forum.

I am trying to improve visibility of the Konka 22" LCD TV. This model year eliminated the tv shelf and added a tv , swivel arm for the tv.

The viewing angles are poor on this TV unless you are looking straight on. From the dinette or sofa the picture is lousy.

I have been scouring the forum and internet looking for a modification to the existing Vesa, swivel tv mount that would enable tilting the tv down for a better viewing angle.

Alternatively, I could replace the whole mount, in which case I would like to use a mount from same mfgr. so I do not have to drill additional holes.

Does anyone on the forum have experience with this issue?

Thank you in advance, and, btw I love the new trailer.

David

Old 02-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #2

Hi solo,
There was a member here with the user name "scannon" who modified his tv with tilt head. He added to his existing mount I beleive. He also has a 2502s and he has answered a few of my questions and has been very helpful. You can try asking him. I also have the 2502s and noticed the same problem. If you get any info post the response. I am also curious about that mod.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #3

Thanks for reply. I had actually pm'd SCannon as we had discussed the trailer before about towing weight, etc. Here is his response to me (pardon typos..he was in a hurry

This is the unit I bought.
http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Tilting-Bracket-Plasma-10~26inch/dp/B002NAQ090/ref=sr_1_127?ie=UTF8&qid=1329684373&sr=8-127

I remove the TV and bolted the tilt head back plate to the existing swing arm. You need to drill some holes in the tilt head back plate to maxt up with the swing arm but very straight forward. You then mount the TV to the the VESA compliant holes in the new tilt head. You will need some bolts and nuts from Home Depot. I believe I used 1 inch 1/4 20 thread to mount the TV. Please check length. You need to use a lock washer and nut for th bet security.

With this head you need to set the tilt at the maximum donw angle and tighten. This work very well when viewing from the couch or the bed. If you sit at the dining table it is still a bit off angle. but this not the best view anyway.

There a othr similar mounts to choose from. The wsing arm itself is a very good product to bad it didn't include the tilt option?

Regards,

SCCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing13 View Post
Hi solo,
There was a member here with the user name "scannon" who modified his tv with tilt head. He added to his existing mount I beleive. He also has a 2502s and he has answered a few of my questions and has been very helpful. You can try asking him. I also have the 2502s and noticed the same problem. If you get any info post the response. I am also curious about that mod.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #4

And my reply to him...

SCannon -

ok, got the mount, an IPS Dell 23" monitor, a HDHomerun Dual tuner networked (tiny!) tuner box. Selling the Konka for $50 to the Foreman on farm where I store the trailer... he has helped me out on hitch stuff. Hopefully installing today!

IPS monitor will have no bad angle / darkened viewing...paid $240 with taxes. here's some info:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lcd...pon,14627.html

The HDHOmerun will feed 2 signals to PC that I can record / watch / store using Win 7 Media Center as DVR softward. Home Theater on the trailer. Way cool!

What kind of drill bit did you use for monitor mount? Can you set it either way? so the 15 degree tilt will go down or up??

THX for your help!

David
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #5

That TV is almost worthless on that shelf. Eliminating it and mounting the TV on the refrigerator wall was the best idea they have had! Not being much of a carpenter here's what I came up with:

Now I can tilt it down for a proper viewing angle plus swing it out and see it from the bed. For traveling I fold it in against the refrigerator wall and secure it with a bungee.
I can't remember the make and model of the arm but I could try to track it down for you if you wish.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #6

Excellent solution!

I installed SCannon's solution and all is well! HAven't watched the TV yet , but hopefully, later this week. The Forman on the farm even drilled the holes for me in the tilt bracket that was added! Good guy!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #7

TV Mount

I followed Backin15's example. Be selective in your choice of mounts. We chose one made for RV's that allows us to easily remove the TV. We needed this after upgrading to a 26 inch LED. No matter what the angle, the quality of the Toshiba 22 LCD and/or size, just wan't up to snuff.

The mount has a plate that attaches to the TV and slides on to the swivel arm bracket. It comes with bolts to insert if you want to make it secure enough to travel.

Tags
tv mount