Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
Brigitte
 
boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 725
Also having trouble un-hitching. Thinking about grease but what kind to use?
Lube grease (black grease) or WD-40?
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Had an old trucker friend that said use Vaseline, at least you can wash it off your hands and clothes. Used it for yrs. Doesn't make quite the mess and just about comes out of clothes.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #23
Brigitte
 
boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc
Had an old trucker friend that said use Vaseline, at least you can wash it off your hands and clothes. Used it for yrs. Doesn't make quite the mess and just about comes out of clothes.
The same vaseline we can also use on the wd bars.
Could using greese or vaseline be detrimental for hitching? Not like it's going to just slide out while driving right?
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #24
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
The same vaseline we can also use on the wd bars.
Could using greese or vaseline be detrimental for hitching? Not like it's going to just slide out while driving right?
I used it on the ball, wd bars and the pivots on the 2 friction sway controls. If the wd bars are engaged, the trailer coupler will not come off the ball, BUT, it should be latched and locked/pinned.
If you have the Reese sway control bars with the crook in the ends, DO NOT grease them.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
Brigitte
 
boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

I used it on the ball, wd bars and the pivots on the 2 friction sway controls. If the wd bars are engaged, the trailer coupler will not come off the ball, BUT, it should be latched and locked/pinned.
If you have the Reese sway control bars with the crook in the ends, DO NOT grease them.
I tought (reese instructions) i could use vaseline on the reese bars where they sit in the cams to reduce noise.... :?
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Equalizer recommends white lithium grease.
I used it on everything. Still use it on my Sliderite hitch rails.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #27
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
I tought (reese instructions) i could use vaseline on the reese bars where they sit in the cams to reduce noise.... :?
It will no doubt reduce the noise, but IMO it will also reduce the sway control somewhat. How much? Don't have a clue, but if it were me, I would put up with the noise when making slow turns.

You don't hear it a highway speeds where you need all the sway control you can get.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
I have the same problem; I usually jump on the bumper while raising the jack.
I might try some Franks Red Hot sauce on it though, because I hear that you can put that sh!t on everything.
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hurst Texas
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
I have the same problem; I usually jump on the bumper while raising the jack.
I might try some Franks Red Hot sauce on it though, because I hear that you can put that sh!t on everything.


__________________
Roy
Tow rig= 2009 dodge ram 1500 5.7 not built for towing ,, but a show winner.
2012 Catalina 27FBCK (Our first trailer!!!!)
ke5wdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #30
Brigitte
 
boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy
I have the same problem; I usually jump on the bumper while raising the jack.
I might try some Franks Red Hot sauce on it though, because I hear that you can put that sh!t on everything.
Hot sauce ot is! How much do I need to consumme in order to jump on the bumper harder? Lol
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.