Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #11

I snagged a Hunter 42995B (Ebay - $20/shipped). It's the same I have in the trade-in (Rockwood 8314SS).. and our prior Jayco bunkhouse. Works pretty good!

woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody9 View Post
Great write-up.. ordered ours @ the show in Novi.. supposed to be here in early April. Went platinum instead of diamond and opted for the 'stock' chairs & awning covers. Twin A/C's were tempting, but stayed with the single as all my extension cords are 30A and twins take you to a 50A service (also more expensive @ some CGs we've been to).
Will miss the Rockwood 8314SS we're trading and didn't realize how much JUNK we had in that till i started to unload it! Bought the digital thermostat already.. and have the new vent covers ordered (will transfer the fan vent from old one)..
Like you hoping the wife finds the bath/bathroom adequate but know she likes the kitchen and BR.
Congrats on your purchase!
Did you but from Westland camping center? That's where we bought our flagstaff v-lite and love it. Westland cc was great to deal with. Hope you love your new TT.

Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #13

Yep! Dave has been great to work with so far...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #14

A great write up, enjoyed reading it.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #15

Signed on the line!

After 2 years of looking, the big decision was made yesterday at the Toronto International RV show. Flagstaff 832 IKBS was ordered!
@ wilsonseattle Fantastic write-up. My wife said that is the one!

Curious to know what hitch to go with. I can get a great price on a Hensley re-manufactured hitch. Dealer told me that is way over-kill and that I would not need it. He said that a basic weight distribution hitch is all I need. He said that sway will not be a problem with this trailer.

I have never pulled a trailer this long or heavy so I really don't know.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #16

Doering, Congrats on your decision!

Isn't that a great floor-plan??

Haven't read of anyone who's been disappointed with a Hensley (didn't know they re-man'd those??)... OTHER than price.. and that's kept me away from one.

On the other hand, I've been at/near this length and weight (each trailer seems to go up a little bit). for some time... and still using the WD hitch i got with the 30' Jayco bunkhouse back in 99 or so. No sway.. but little problem with the Jayco, none with the Rockwood 8314SS (that we're trading).. and don't anticipate anything different with the 832.

With that said, the tow vehicle has made a TON of difference. Jayco & 8314 were towed at first with a 1/2 ton suburban (but re-worked with 3/4 ton axles & brakes + big4 row radiator and Mega tranny cooler). It pulled real good once all that was all done. BUT.. the Duramax i pull with now is superior!!! like the trailer isn't even there! (except noticeable on the fuel gauge!)

What will you be pulling with?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody9 View Post
Doering, Congrats on your decision!

Isn't that a great floor-plan??

What will you be pulling with?
Yes, fantastic floor plan. Rep from Forest River said it is there best Flagstaff TT seller right now. He also said they are setting up a new production line/ facility sales are so good.

Have an F150 Ecoboost with max tow and HD payload.
Looked at Equalizer hitches today.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
After 2 years of looking, the big decision was made yesterday at the Toronto International RV show. Flagstaff 832 IKBS was ordered!

Curious to know what hitch to go with. I can get a great price on a Hensley re-manufactured hitch. Dealer told me that is way over-kill and that I would not need it. He said that a basic weight distribution hitch is all I need. He said that sway will not be a problem with this trailer.

Well I have not pulled this trailer yet with my truck, the dealership delivered it for me, however I asked the guy who delivered it and he said it pulled real nice. I would suspect that sway is a problem with anything you tow.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #19

Quote:

Congrats on your new TT. Great floor plan is right. We love our flagstaff v-lite.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #20

Doering - wondering if you had a build date/delivery date estimates on yours yet?
F/R told us o/a 10 April for build.. Dealer says late April for delivery for us.

Using the old camper as a guest-house this weekend.

I'm ready for it NOW!

Quote: