Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #1

V-Lite 30WTBS?

Well, everyone goes through it - trying to figure out what to buy.... We are looking at the V-lite 30WTBS and I've been unable to find any good reviews. Anyone have a review (good or bad)?

We currently have an KZ Frontier, which we like - but it needs some minor repairs - so we started looking and got the itch.

Thanks,

Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #2

I have the 2012 30WRLTS. Love it, love it, love it!!! Just make sure you can pull AND stop the weight!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Pirate Todd and Wench

We get our 300w Windjammer "same type of v nose" in two weeks. We decided since we only have one 15 yr old at home this would suit us just fine being able to sleep 6. All I can tell you is be ready for those bunks to be a major part of your floor plan..."forever".
If you have a bunch of kids its all good with what your looking at though.
-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #4

Thanks for the input...it does seem like a good unit. With 4 kids and friends (bunks are needed for sure), just want to make sure it's the right trailer. Price seems to be in the middle, so I'm guess a quality camper....just want to be sure best for money. .Weight is not an issue, have a 2500 duramax. Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

just so you know, there's a twin to your Flagstaff, in Rockwood's Windjammer line.
and there's way more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff dealers. so you'll find a lot more owners of the Windjammer version of yours.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #6

We just ordered last week a flagstaff 30wtbs. Our dealer had one on the lot to look at. We didnt like the colors in the model at the dealer. We ordered seabury with the cherry cabinets. I have researched and researched and this brand, make, and model along with its twin brother the rock wood windjammer 3006, has great reviews. No other floor plan with bunks is as nice as this. The rear bedroom with slide will be so nice. I will actually have room to change my clothes without doing an acrobat routine. The quality of the FR trailers seems to be great. If you read through some of the forums here, v-nose owners are very helpful and have great things to say a out their v-nose. I a tally like the fact that their are not as many flagstaffs out there and you can get them serviced, if on the road, at a rock wood or flagstaff dealer. The factory for forest river is great to deal with too. We are scheduled for a factory tour in march to watch them build the v-nose. We wi get a personal tour and can see the quality of the build first hand. Seems great that they are not trying to hide anything. So excited to receive our trailer. We should get it in the middle to late April. Perfect for us since I'm in Michigan and camping season doesn't rely start till may. Let me what you. Boise and how it all goes. Excited for you and the whole shopping experience. Enjoy and make sure you get what you want. We we t to the camper show and the 30wtbs was o e of the first ones we looked at. We loved it right away. As we walked in all the other bunk model trailers, my wife and i would walk I. Them and immediately say nope, not even close. Never found one we liked better. Anyway hope this helps and good luck.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #7

Sorry about a the typos I am doing this on my little iPhone keyboard. It's. Of the easiest a d the auto spell check doesn't help too. Lol
Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #8

Thanks

Hey. Thanks for taking the time to type all that on your phone.

We went to Columbus rv show and found one other model we liked. It was a crossroad. Don't know much about them but a nice unit. We will probable go with the flagstaff if we can get the $ where we want them. Not sure what a good deal should be-don't want tO take advantage of anyone but don't want raped either. I believe msrp is 32'ish so still trying to get in lower 20's or lower than where we are. Ready to write a check, just want to feel ok!

Thanks again
Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #9

We got our price down to around $26500 and feel good about it. Has all the bell and whistles minus the slide toppers. I did not want them. Much harder to clean the top of the slides and the rubber seals. Plus with the ladder on the back it is easy to get on the roof and brush off the tops. Let me know if you decided on a trailer yet and what you got it for. Happy shopping.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #10

Nice thing about Forest River is the second year warranty for only $150 offered by the factory. Some dealers do not disclose this to buyers and try to sell their $2000 warranties.
2nd Year Warranty Form Sticky

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote