Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #1

V Lite Options

We are getting ready to order a 30WFKSS. For those of you that have these trailers, which of the options are "must haves" and which ones are "don't bother"?
hehbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #2

We have the Windjammer 3008W which is a front kitchen sister to your unit. We have the free standing dinette with atrium windows and this was a must for us. Get the largest air conditioner option that you can. We don't have slide toppers and wish we did. We have the power tongue jack and electric stabilizers and love them. We did not get recliners (just swivel rockers) and actually pulled them out and swapped them with two small recliners we had in the house. Ours didn't come with a roof ladder and we added that (at the dealer before we left the lot). We added Max Air II vent covers.

Enjoy and good luck!

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #3

Here is what I would go for in MUST options imo.

-The 15,000 BTU ducted A/C upgrade. I can tell a difference with the bigger A/C. No problems in cooling it down in the heat of the summer.

-Slide out topper. We did not get this and I wish we would have. Cheaper at the factory then after market.

-Convenience Package includes microwave, upgraded 22 gas oven, Serta mattress upgrade, gas/electric water heater, power awning w. adjustable rain dump, outside speakers, spare tire carrier and cover, aluminum wheels, Gel Coat finish, and tinted safety glass windows

-power tongue jack, four power stabilizer jacks, countertop extension, outside grill, and rear ladder

We love our V-Lite! The quality build is great, pulls great, and has excellent use of floor space. Enjoy.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #4

We have the 30WFKSS (2011) and Love this trailer. The layout is fantastic.You will not be disapointed. I agree with Pbrackney, get the convenience package. We ordered ours with minimal carpet. The only place there is carpet is where the slides move. We like the hardwood floor look and it is much easier to keep clean than carpet. We also ordered the light color wood throughout. I did not care for the layout that has the light colored kitchen and dark color wood everywhere else. I know they are trying to make it look like seperate rooms but I like the light color all the way through. I would make sure it has slide out topers. They are right much cheaper at the facotry and you will want these. We ordered ours with the dinette (Goucho) rather than the stand alone table. I like the extra storage underneath. You will want the rear ladder. Ours also had the recliners. The Lazyboys are very nice.

You can not go wrong with the V-Lite I think you will like it very much.

I also have a thread on many upgrades and additions I have done to mine. May be helpful for you.

Happy Camping

BK
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
CampingQueen

Love my v-Lite too! The extra space you get in the 'v' makes it a lot more camper for the weight from others we looked at.

We have the WTBS with the one slide out. I also vote for the upgraded stove. For our crew we need all the room we can get in the oven.

I like the roof ladder and power tongue/stab jacks also.
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote