Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #1

vibe 268RKS questions

Looking to buy 2015 Vibe 268RKS. Questions......

When pulling in the slide, is there plenty of room to get to rear kitchen between sink counter and dinette?

Does the equalizer hitch work good with this trailer?

Anyone pull using a Ford 5.0 F150 or any other F150 or half ton P/U ? How does it perform?

Anyone have trouble with the Forest River electric stabilizer jacks? Are they really worth getting or are the manual jacks just as good?

Anyone purchase a second A/C or is one really needed?

Is the WIFI Linc Pad/Tablet worth it?

I may have more questions later. Thanks for your answers. A lot of good info on this forum.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
Looking to buy 2015 Vibe 268RKS. Questions......

When pulling in the slide, is there plenty of room to get to rear kitchen between sink counter and dinette?

Does the equalizer hitch work good with this trailer?

Anyone pull using a Ford 5.0 F150 or any other F150 or half ton P/U ? How does it perform?

Anyone have trouble with the Forest River electric stabilizer jacks? Are they really worth getting or are the manual jacks just as good?

Anyone purchase a second A/C or is one really needed?

Is the WIFI Linc Pad/Tablet worth it?

I may have more questions later. Thanks for your answers. A lot of good info on this forum.

If the slide is in NO you cannot get into the kitchen. You have to at least open it a little.

Dont have an equalizer but I have found the propane tank location makes mounting chain saddles interesting. They may need to be welded on the outside if your particular hitch requires an exact mounting location for the saddles.

I pull mine with my F150 Ecobeast with 3.31 axle and power is fine, your 5.0 should tow the weight without any real problems. Be mindful of your rear GAWR ( check your door tag ) I have a canopy on my truck and I am a little over rear axle loading. The trailer really is pushing the limits of a half ton truck, not in GCWR but GVWR by the weight it transfers to the vehicle. At the very least do the airbags.

Towing was pretty squirrely at first with my truck. I added firestone airbags $320, and a hellwig rear sway bar $ 200?ish. And they improved manners significantly. I also just put on some LT tires to replace the standard P series softies on my truck. Havent towed yet with the tires but they should help iron out the last of the wiggle.

Power jacks are fine but I probably would not spend more on them, manual screw jacks using a cordless drill are not really an inconvenience. After I put mine down I pull out the manual crank and give it a couple extra turns to firm things up.

You wont need a second AC. Replace the bathroom fan with a Fantastic or similar to draw out hot air when you first fire up the AC and you're fine.

My trailer is at the dealership awaiting a new control board for the wireless remote. We have taken the trailer out 3 times. I wouldnt pay extra for that.

Now for extra thoughts on the trailer.
Needs more drawers, at least a couple in the bedroom would have been nice.
Roomy, very nice.
Shower door needs a bungie or something to keep it closed during transport, the rubber dogbone that comes on it is inadequate and will result in the doors popping out of the track and breaking the rollers. Take something with you when you pick it up to keep that door together.

Do a thorough inspection prior to pickup. Look for scratches, or any imperfections in build. Take a small flashlight and really look things over well. My dinette was mounted with screws with heads smaller than the holes in the base. like they ran out of the right size.

Tv mount was obviously not level. Toilet was up against the wall ( got that turned to make room )

The bed is awful. Even after adding two toppers it's bang your knees thin. Our 10" memory foam mattress will be delivered today. I wont miss the original bed.

Now with this said you might think I am unhappy with the trailer. I am not, I just wish I knew more before I bought it. I will be happy to answer up anything else I can.
Markwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:12 PM   #3

Markwie,
Thanks for your reply. I really like the layout of the Vibe rear kitchen. But because of the issues that I heard with the rear kitchen being so bouncy and throwing things and drawers opening, I have decided to put some money down on Forest River Flagstaff
26VFK with a front kitchen. I am picking it up next Thursday.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe