Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

VLite Maiden Voyage!

Purchased a 21WRS from PECO Campers in late Feb. and finally had a chance to camp Mother's day weekend. We went to our favorite GC, Bald Mountain Resort in Hiawassee, GA. To be honest, it went better than expected!! Towing, although I was nervous, was a breeze. We backed in, leveled, set up and cracked an adult beverage within 20 minutes. I can not tell you how much more enjoyable this is than with a popup!! The weather was perfect, never got a chance to turn on the A/C (tried but the DW made me shut it off). All systems seemed to work well, no leaks, nothing broken.

Man - to be able to go to the bathroom in our own TT - priceless!!

Anyhow, special thanks to the members of this forum. Your patience and knowledge have been a blessing and made our weekend much more relaxing.

Thanks
Jack, Mary Beth, Kirby & Khloe (camping pugs).
jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Happy to hear you had a great time in your new RV and that all went well! Great picture too. So where are you heading out again?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #3

Thank you!! Next trip is a three-nighter at Unicoi State Park - can't wait!! With our schedules once a month is as much as we can get out, but we try to do extended weekends. We are also planning a week in August and October
Old 05-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #4

Welcome to the V-nose family. We'll be pulling our Windjammer down that direction in June and staying at Roosevelt State Park near Columbus. My daughter is competiting for the Miss Georgia title the weekend of June 22-24.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Another welcome to the V-nose gang. Our V-lite has about 10,000 miles on it so far and we will be adding another 4,000 this summer when we head out to the F.R.O.G. rally in Indiana this summer.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #6

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!

The 2 biggest things I had to adjust to was the length(35') and the v front reflecting vehichles passing me from either direction. I'd see that in my rearview mirror and it kinda freaked me out. But I got used to it after a couple trips. I won't be able to manuver into those tight spaces like I used to but I'll sacrifice with the comfort!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #7

Jack, glad everything went well. Isn't it nice to be setup in 20 mins. and not break a sweat!
David C.
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshoffstall
Purchased a 21WRS from PECO Campers in late Feb. and finally had a chance to camp Mother's day weekend. We went to our favorite GC, Bald Mountain Resort in Hiawassee, GA. To be honest, it went better than expected!! Towing, although I was nervous, was a breeze. We backed in, leveled, set up and cracked an adult beverage within 20 minutes. I can not tell you how much more enjoyable this is than with a popup!! The weather was perfect, never got a chance to turn on the A/C (tried but the DW made me shut it off). All systems seemed to work well, no leaks, nothing broken.

Man - to be able to go to the bathroom in our own TT - priceless!!

Anyhow, special thanks to the members of this forum. Your patience and knowledge have been a blessing and made our weekend much more relaxing.

Thanks
Jack, Mary Beth, Kirby & Khloe (camping pugs).
Congratulations on your new purchase. Glad you had a wonderful wkend. We also have 2 pugs, Bubba & Harley who love to camp with us!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #9

Hi Jack. We also purchased our TT from Peco's last September. Went from an 8' popup to the 31' 831FKBSS. Talk about a pleasant surprise. We retired in April and are currently packing up for a 3 month trip to Wisconsin. I am a bit nervous about traveling on the interstate, but I'm sure it will be fine. We have camped mostly in the Georgia State Parks. Vogel and Moccasin Creek are my favorites. Have a great summer, and enjoy your TT. I know we will.
anitag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #10

Welcome as others have said to the V-Lite family. We love ours as well. We just went camping for the first time over Memorial Weekend and had zero problems. Enjoy your summer camping.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #11

Thanks everyone!! The only thing these Vlites are missing is a couple of extra days per month to go camping! Seriously, I get frustrated that I can't find anything to mod - other than changing to an Oxygenics shower head we are very pleased with this unit.