Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

Water filter?

Where is the canister for the water filter located on the flagstaff 21FBRS? Been too cold to go out looking for it.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Where is the canister for the water filter located on the flagstaff 21FBRS? Been too cold to go out looking for it.
Most likely, it's in an outside storage compartment or under the sink.. ours is in an outside compartment close to the hwh
SEASIDELOUNGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #3

Look for it near your City Water inlet. In my 25 BDS it's in a small compartment under the linen closet in the bathroom. Behind a door with three hinges. If you encounter one of those just pull the two screws from the odd hinge. In my tt it's mounted next to the water pump.

Different floor plans will have it in different locations but more likely than not right next to the water pump as FR filters ALL water from both city AND onboard tank.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
If it is cold enough for freezing, hopefully you've properly winterized your R/V, including the water filter.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 PM   #5

It's a new TT just brought it home last week end, dealer said it is winterized.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

The dealer should have shown you the location of the water filter, water pump, water heater bypass valves and many other R/V 101 items during your PDI/Customer Orientation on a brand spanking new unit.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #7

Is there a cabinet door just off the floor next to the bathroom door that has a piece of trim right behind the door? That's where it's at on our 2509S (same floorplan as the 25BDRS).

And I agree that the dealer should have shown you this. Ours did during delivery today.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #8

Hidden in the front

In my 21FBRS it's behind a panel in the left front hatch. The panel is screwed in (???) and you actually have to rip it out to get to the filter.
hageer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:33 AM   #9
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
The dealer should have shown you the location of the water filter, water pump, water heater bypass valves and many other R/V 101 items during your PDI/Customer Orientation on a brand spanking new unit.

X2...here is another classic example of a shoddy PDI! No way after taking delivery of a new unit should one have to wonder where their water filter is located.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:11 AM   #10

On our MicroLite 19FBS (essentially the same floor plan as the 21FBRS) it is in the front pass through compartment behind a panel. You have to remove two square-head screws and push the panel back. Removing the canister is a pain and usually requires a tool to loosen. I put a beach towel underneath to keep from drenching the floor. (The canister on my unit is tilted at an angle and it's impossible to remove without spilling.) The Water Pur filters are hard to find and expensive. They have to be removed before winterizing.

As soon as it warms up, I am going to remove the entire canister from the system and replace with an outside filter. At the same time, I plan to cut an access hole in the same panel so that I can reach in and turn the water pump valve that controls the antifreeze inlet. Having to unscrew and remove panels just to winterize is something that you shouldn't have to do.
kawac14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:12 AM   #11

Ya! I'm thinking it's behind the panel in the pass through, just been too cold to go out looking for it. If it is there I'm going to cut an area out of the panel and put a door on it for easier excess. Thanks all for the info, and the dealer did tell me about the area but I think because of the way you have to get to it he didn't show me the area involved he just told me about it.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawac14 View Post
The Water Pur filters are hard to find and expensive.
Not hard to find at all. I get mine from Hannah RV. As for expense? I use one per year so how expensive can it be for good tasting water and minimal if any pressure drop.

Only thing I didn't like about my factory filter is that they fastened it to some thin paneling in it's compartment and the screws pulled out when unscrewing the canister. Problem solved by putting a piece of 1X4 between corner framing and glued to the thin paneling. I can now easily unscrew the canister with the factory supplied wrench and to catch drip I just slip a small cake pan under it before removing.

I kind of like the idea that my setup filters both water from the city connection AND whatever I draw from my tank. My tank gets 3-1/2 Tsp of Chlorox (per Chlorox's recommendations for "clear" water in storage tanks) when I fill it. Chlorox takes care of any "bugs" that might come from campground well and the OE filter (KW-1) filters out any chlorine taste.

Lastly, when it's cold I don't have to worry about my filter hanging off the outside of my TT or sitting in a fancy stand on the ground freezing.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #13

Newbie here. Just bought a FR Micro Lite 21fbrs. Is the filter a frest water tank filter, or is it to filter hose water?

Thanks for any help
Uncledave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncledave54 View Post
Newbie here. Just bought a FR Micro Lite 21fbrs. Is the filter a frest water tank filter, or is it to filter hose water?

Thanks for any help
Factory installed filter does both. Filters water from either source.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Factory installed filter does both. Filters water from either source.
Thanks.......
Uncledave54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter