Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #21
Site Team

Question, if I bypass the inline filter, will it hurt my system or void any warranties if I go with no filter at all? Also, of those that had their water filter come off, how many were using a water pressure regulator?

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #22
Plain Old Member

We've always used an adjustable regulator. Usually set at 40, no higher than 50. As for no filter at all, this is the first out of 7 campers that even had one. Never had an issue with any of the others. Heck, none of our previous homes had one either. Our shop now has a huge filter and softener system, but only because of the well water (Sand and Iron).

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #23

I have always used a pressure regulator, even when the canister backed out. Removed the filter and now use a Camco filter at the hose bib. If the filter blows out now it out and away from the TT.
PS...we ALWAYS shut the water off at the hose bib and drain the water pressure in the TT before leaving the TT for any length of time. That way there is no chance of water problems when we are not around to deal with it. We do the same thing with the house when we go on vacation. Several years back we went to Toronto on vacation and a toilet valve blew up on the second floor. After several days my neighbors saw water draining out the front and garage doors. Several thousands of dollars in damage. So...we always shut water off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #24

I have had no issues with the factory water filter in my RV so far after one year (knock on wood). It is on there nice and tight and the wrench lives nearby for when we need to remove it for a cartridge change.

That said, turning the water off while on a longer stay away from the trailer is a great idea, and you can't go wrong in relocating the canister outside of the trailer. For now I like the convenience of not worrying about it at all and just connecting my outside inline blue filter when I connect my white hose to the spigot, all downstream of my Watts regulator set at 45 psi.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #25

Safe not Sorry! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4108.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	61000   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4109.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	61001  
Old 08-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #26

Wmoses; so you use a external filter and also the one that is "inside" the trailer?
Hubby taking in tt on Friday and i honestly don't know what to tell the tech people. It is under warranty so what kind of filter will they put in??
We are nervous now for sure about this happening again. When we do state parks, we fill the water tank by the dump station; would we just attach our hose to the supplied water source with the external filter attached so it filters it before it goes into the tank?
Between that and the slide fuse that needed replacing last two trips...frustrating!!!
So...in other words, when tank filled (not from city source which is constantly running) we "turn" off the water by turning off the pump?
Old 08-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #27

Lady I thought the water faucets by dump stations in state parks were non potable water not fit for drinking?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Lady I thought the water faucets by dump stations in state parks were non potable water not fit for drinking?
This is my understanding as well, every one that I have seen has a sign near the faucet with large letters.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #29

water filter blow out

Maybe you should pull up to an empty site and pop the hose to their hose bib.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #30

Wisconsin state parks have a dump station with a rinse hose to use after dumping. Also they have a fill hose for well drinking water. They have water stations through the parks with drinking fountains (wanted to say bubbler but refrained myself I dont think any of our state parks have water hookups at individual campsites.

Tags
water, water filter

« Toliet | Black tank »