Old 06-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
I use a Camco inline as well jut to keep sand and what not out of the system Walmart sells them cheap.

Regulator goes on the spigot and the filter on the other end.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #12
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Lol I must be an anomaly.
Changed my filter twice a year for the last 13 or 14 years and drink water right from the tap.
Geeze it's well water!
I guess us country folk are used to we'll water.
Any cg I've ever been to has a bill board with water quality testing posted for everyone to view.
I guess it's a city folk thing
I agree with this. I have yet to change my RV filter cartridge and I change the one that is outside 2x year. No problems so far. Matter of fact the outside one gets capped off with the same little white caps it came with and there is some entrained water in that as it is stored in a plastic tuf with the white hose. The water we drink is again filtered in a Brita jug which does not typically have water sitting in it between trips.

I would not worry about the sitting water if it is treated tap water, but to each his own.

2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Edition | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #13
Site Team
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Another question. We have a water regulator fitting. Does that attach to the hose by the water source or where you connect the hose by the TT? Thanks again.
You can place your pressure regulator at either end of your hose.
At the spigot might save your hose from bursting due to high pressure.
At the trailer does not protect the hose but you are less likely to drive
away and forget it.
I put my regulator at the spigot.
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #14
Use a Camco external filter for two-three trips and out it goes and the pressure regulator on the tap to also prevent the possibility of pressure on the hose.
2017 Flagstaff FLT21DS
2011 Tundra Platinum, 5.7l, 2WD, Firestone bags...
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
Only put the "blue stuff" in the toilet.
We have a well at home and wonderful water. We use the fresh water tank for drinking, shower, etc....we have a little hard water so we use the filter. Never any leaks or other problems. We empty it in winter when we blow out the lines. Also, if you blow out the lines, make sure to blow the water line to toilet also by holding down the flusher. If you don't the water left in that valve will crack the valve and then there's a mess! I speak from experience! Lol
cecelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
Moderators' Assistant
Turbs, i totally agree with you.
for some folks, even city tap water isn't good enough, even though there's been numerous blind taste tests that show that people end up choosing the tap water over the bottled water.

a lot of brainwashing regarding water, has affected our culture. my grandparents would be rolling in their graves if they found out that people pay more for bottled water, than they do for gasoline.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #17
I agree bikendan, we love our water. Plus I don't like the waste bottle water creates. We do empty our hot water heater between trips so it doesn't start to stink which it will in time.
cecelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #18
Site Team
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
... my grandparents would be rolling in their graves if they found out that people pay more for bottled water, than they do for gasoline.
Mine would just be rolling at the price of gasoline. Have you seen what it's up to lately? Last time I went by the station it was 1.419/litre and predicted to keep climbing. (That's 5.39 / Gallon for you US folks)

I can get 12 litres of bottled water (Case of 24 x 500ml) for 4.99. At today's gas prices 4.99 only gets me ~3.5 litres.
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #19
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Thanks for all your replies. It did come with a filter but is not yet installed.
*Cough* that should have been installed when you picked up your Rig - a good dealer makes that part of the PDI (showing you how to use the filter wrench and how to turn off/divert water to the filter and Hot Water Heater when it is time for winterizing.)

Was wondering if we need to install it and if not, what will happen.
Yes, install it. It will keep gunk from various water sources out of your plumbing. Believe me, you do not want to have clogged RV plumbing!

Slimpicins we have a microlite 25ds. So do you all pour the blue stuff down the drains with water? All we have right now are the pouches you put in the toilet.
Simple answer since you are new: Yes. Black tank, always. Grey Tank, depends. There is specific treatments for the gray tank and black tank (do NOT use black tank treatment in the gray tank treatments have enzymes specifically to break down toilet paper. It will not hurt your gray tank, it is just a lot more expensive that gray treatment). Really? a couple of OZ of Lysol in the Grey tank will do you fine.

Once you get your RV legs under you, we can discuss various home concoctions that do as good or better than the pre-made RV tank treatments
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #20
We drink water out of the tap, spring and hose. We just prefer the bottled. I have no issues with drinking the water from CG's but would rather walk around with a bottle of water rather than a glass of water. I loose too many glasses that way. Always leaving them at one place or another.

Chuck and Joanne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite Classic 27RLWS Emerald
2013 Dodge 2500 4x4 Laramie Crew
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote

water, water filter