Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #1

Water leak at bottom of camper

Ok, this may take a while to explain, but I want to know if anyone has ever had this problem. I currently own a 2014 Forest River Flagstaff pull-behind tt. I have it stored outside and last year I went out to take it home after it had rained over night. I usually raise the front when I store it to let the rain water drain off the back, instead of into my awning. Anyway, I noticed when I lowered the front to set it on my tow vehicle, a little bit of water leaked out from the bottom rear (on the right side). I didn't think much of it as it was not a lot of water and I knew I had the roof caulked within the last 6 months. Well, this year I ran into the same situation. Camper was in storage with the front raised up (just enough to let the rain run off the back) and after a steady rain the night before, I went out to get it, lowered the front and had a small amount of water run out from underneath. It's not rolling off the top as there was no water running down the exterior of the camper. At first I thought maybe there's a leak in the roof, but knowing how the camper is constructed (fiberglass), I don't think a leak at top would run through inside the walls and come out the bottom as clean as it did, it would more than likely be absorbed inside the walls somewhere. Needless to say, I began opening outside panels, checking the roof for damaged caulk, and even borrowed an endoscope (used on my cell phone) to check the area up inside where the water may have came from. I also have a mini fridge in the rear (next to my outdoor kitchen) that I thought had leaked, but I concluded that I don't think that was the problem. My only conclusion is the rain water pooled somewhere along the frame and when I lowered the front it drained out from underneath. I have a clear line of sight along the frame from front to rear, so that's why I have drawn this conclusion. If I am wrong, please someone tell me so I can get it fixed if it's a leak somewhere else. The camper is not very old, it's a 2014 model (I bought it in 2013, so I've had it for 4 years).I had the roof inspected and caulked in 2015 and inspected again this past summer. Thanks for your time, I hope my explanation wasn't too confusing.
Dave_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #2

Suggest you post the model number. There are a lot of different Flagstaffs out there.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #3

2014 Forest River Flagstaff 831 BHWS
Dave_N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, leak, water, water leak