Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

We need a TWIN BED option in MicroLite!

I bought a brand new Flagstaff 25KS and LOVE it. Just the right size, just the right weight to tow with my Sequoia 5.7 SUV (just under its 7000# J2807 certified maximum tow for that SUV). ***HOWEVER*** Forest River is missing a MAJOR market niche: A LOT of us senior RVer couples prefer to have TWIN BEDS! Seems that nobody but Airstream's "Flying Cloud 25TB" (nearly $90k!) has them! Its not about being less romantic- its about SLEEP! Many older folks tend to snore, toss and turn A LOT...and also frequently go to the bathroom. Thus, to preserve marital harmony in our 25KS, my wife takes the Murphy, and I'm relegated to the dinette. Converting that every night is a pain in the rear...and even my upgraded cushions DO NOT meet bed comfort standards. So, we now have lost the dinette because we've added a "regular" mattress to it and use it as a bed only. We eat on a folding table we set up in front of the couch. It works. SO: I propose that Flagstaff create an optional TWIN BED Microlite 25' floorplan on the 25KS footprint. No larger, no taller, no wider...and with the current "small" slide. We LOVE the big bathroom with garden shower. Ideal trailer would lose the rear door (add a wardrobe there), retain full access thru rig with slide room retracted, have a smaller dinette pretty much sized for 2 people, and 2 full-time twin beds (not bunks) with real mattresses....NOT convertible sofas! I would trade my 25KS in I could find such a rig. I've studied the forums and believe me, there are a LOT of couples like us out there, especially as the Boomers retire. And many folks do NOT want to drag around a virtual mobile home with a semi-truck sized diesel pickup that is too colossal to be a practical daily driver...not to mention $$$$. So this needs to be an optional floorplan on a trailer like our Flagstaff 25KS, not some larger, heavier offering. Such a trailer -a true TRAVEL trailer- would be PERFECT for the retired traveling couple....especially those on a budget. I believe there are a LOT of us
out there!
jramagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:18 PM   #2

Don't you dare change my 25KS, especially the bathroom and extra door!

Perhaps a model with three or four bunks? Use the bottom ones for sleep and uppers for storage. I guess that would be too long a trailer for what you want, though. Maybe a trailer with a true queen instead of the smaller murphy queen.

LOVE my 25KS.

Good luck...
Old 01-30-2016, 09:10 PM   #3

Get model with front queen bed and back double bunk on bottom twin on top. Now you have a queen bed for one person and a double bed for the other person.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 AM   #4

Get a hybrid like we did. 2 queens. If grandkids come along, they can have one so we don't have to use the dinette or sofa. And don't worry about set up or tear down. I'm 69 and I could do it myself. I don't. ..wife helps...but I could. But before you do, make sure you like sleeping under canvas. We do but it's not for everyone.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed