Old 12-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #1

Weights of Flagstaff 25D queen mattress, dining bench cushions, and couch cushions

I'd like to know the weights of the Flagstaff 25D queen mattress, dining table bench cushions, and couch cushions. I am trying to determine how much weight I can eliminate by replacing them with an inflatable mattress and cushions so that I can tow a 25D with my Chevy Venture van (tow capacity 3,500 pounds, includes transmission fluid cooler; 25D weight 3,250 pounds). I could even replace the entire couch with an inflatable couch (which only weighs about 20 pounds). Is there any other weight I can eliminate or reduce in the 25D (replacing the cabinet doors or reducing the size of the large refrigerator doesn't sound very appealing). Thanks.

(SAR using thermal camera equipped drones)
Flagstaff 25D YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-HZNu0Zlo
srea1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Mattress and cushions aren't enough to make a difference.
Bottom line is that your trailer is WAY too much for your minivan. Both on tongue weight and overall weight.
Not sure where you got your 3250 number. I just looked at the 2006 Flagstaff brochure and it says that the dry weight(a stripped-down version of the trailer)is 3576lbs.
I'll guarantee that the 25D's dry weights already exceeded your minivan's max capabilities.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #3

buy a bigger truck.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
Site Team

srea, did you go back to your original thread about this trailer and your minivan?
Tow Ratings
Your Venture's max towing capacity is ONLY 3500lbs IF it has the full factory tow package.
There's nothing you can do to increase that.
As nearly everybody said in your previous thread, you're exceeding all your minivan capacities:
Max tongue weight, Max towing capacity and Max frontal area.

Have you looked at the white UVW factory weight sticker?
It will show what that trailer weighed when it left the factory. It'll be on the inside of a cabinet door.
Doesn't include the weights of the battery, propane, added dealer items, water or cargo.

here's the one from my 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS:

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
Old 12-20-2018, 11:32 PM   #5

An RV mechanic suggested reducing the weight of the components in the trailer, so, I'm just trying out that possibility to see if it would help with this situation. Don't want to purchase another vehicle right now - wife likes the van. But, can't find another travel trailer that will accomodate a SAR crew of 6 as well and as light as the 25D.
(SAR using thermal camera equipped drones)
Flagstaff 25D YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k-HZNu0Zlo
srea1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:48 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srea1957 View Post
An RV mechanic suggested reducing the weight of the components in the trailer, so, I'm just trying out that possibility to see if it would help with this situation. Don't want to purchase another vehicle right now - wife likes the van. But, can't find another travel trailer that will accomodate a SAR crew of 6 as well and as light as the 25D.
Take a pic of the white weight sticker and post it.

I'm a retired firefighter/EMT. As a first responder and SAR member, you must know the safety factors required for operations and equipment specs.
Yet you seem to be ignoring the limitations of your equipment for the job you want it to do.

Equalizer WDH

Tags
flagstaff, weight