Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
(chuckle) DH wears the pants in this family. I just get to tell him which pair to wear. /snark

Yeah, we went a little nutz when we first got back in to camping last year. Those sort of purchases have slowed WAY down. We have all the needs, and can't think of any other wants right now. Who'da thunk it???

Yeah, there are JT Strong arms in our future, as well as some sort of set-up for organizing the basement storage....but hey, we're in no hurry for those.

We did buy the Jack King antenna last week. It was on sale at CW....marked way down. And then CW duplicated our order. (eyeroll)

Now we have one installed on the 5er...doubled the number of channels we get!....and one sitting in the box at home. We'll either sell it or return it.

DH got his (nice) annual bonus in March. We decided to just set it aside for camping site charges and other camping expenses. 99.9% of it is still there.
How much do you want for the extra one?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #22
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I'm still trying to catch Oldcoot. He's done so many mods not mentioning the toys.

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
He Who Dies With Most Toys Wins!!!
And I am going to win, if my wife will let me. She told me if I bought anymore toys it had better include a good lawyer, darn they are expensive.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:09 PM   #24

[QUOTE=Weezer;618530](chuckle)
We did buy the Jack King antenna last week. It was on sale at CW....marked way down. And then CW duplicated our order. (eyeroll)

Now we have one installed on the 5er...doubled the number of channels we get!....and one sitting in the box at home. We'll either sell it or return it.

So now I understand why the one I ordered was on back order!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #25

I tend to buy as needed, something big or extra I plan, weigh options, decide how bad I want it.

Still working and kids in school so I have to be careful with the funds.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #26

When it comes to buying stuff for the RV I've found that, "resistance is futile". Try as I might, once I see something that might be useful or desirable for the rig usually just end up getting it (after much research, costing and planning where I can get it shipped to for the best possible price). My DW knows me too well and also knows that once I've seen something, in time, we will be taking delivery of it.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #27
Oklahoma Proud

Its funny, the things we want, we get. The things we need, I seem to spend more time shopping around for or weighing the " can I do without a little longer or is it an urgent need". Weird how that is, never really thought about till now!
........I've needed a bigger air compressor for about 3 years now!!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Old 05-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch333id View Post
When it comes to buying stuff for the RV I've found that, "resistance is futile". Try as I might, once I see something that might be useful or desirable for the rig usually just end up getting it (after much research, costing and planning where I can get it shipped to for the best possible price). My DW knows me too well and also knows that once I've seen something, in time, we will be taking delivery of it.
I am the same way!

OC is a genius when it comes to re-inventing things but I bet he can't mod a coffee maker!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #29

My TT is my "home away from home". I intend to be comfortable and safe. I've found that most anything I want/need works at home as well as at the TT.

A cup of coffee from a $15 coffee maker at the campground is just as good or better than one from a $75 coffee maker at home.

I do buy my "toys" ...but when I can't afford a new fishing pole or a new grill that cooks a better steak...it's time to reassess priorities.

I try to hold with the KISS philosophy and it's a good thing space is limited in the TT.

hud
Old 05-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #30

Our rule of thumb goes like this when buying items/toys for the travel trailer:
1. Purchases of items/toys has to be practical, meaning it is going be used and not sit and collect dust.
2. Live within your means, buy when you can afford it, or save up for it.
3. We try to buy it at higher discounted prices or clearance prices rather than regular or just on sale prices. We know retailers can mark it up to 300% of their purchase price.
4. I am in the working class, extra funds is not coming in as it is, not the American Dream we all liked it to be. So everything we are doing has to be frugal
5. And TOWTA says I am in charge, or at least she lets me think I am

Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote