Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #1

What power to 12V accessories

On my TT, when plugged into 120V power, does the power to jack, stabilizer, and awning come from converter and 120V line or the battery? When operating these, will battery go down in power if plugged into 120V?
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #2

Actually it comes from the battery, but the power gets replaced by the converter when you are connected to shore power.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
Site Team

I posted this in a thread the other day, and it may can help. The second link explains the converter:

This is a great place to get information about your RV, and they all have a learning curve to them. Everyone here was in your shoes at one time or the other, so don't feel bashful in asking questions. We understand.

The electrical system is one of the more misunderstood items in RV's, and many dealers fail to take the time to properly explain the functions to new buyers.

As such, there are a few articles I recommend reading to help gain this knowledge you are seeking. You can just peruse at your leisure:

The first is this one which easily explains the different electrical systems of an RV:

Basic RV Electricity - RV Information (RV Maintenance)

The second explains the converter (If you just said to yourself, what is a converter, then it's why you need to also read it)

RV Converters and Amp Draw - RV Information (RV Maintenance)

This one may or may not be applicable to your particular RV, depending on which type/brand water heater you have, but could help tremendously if you do have a Suburban tank type water heater:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post327988

This last one has a lot of RV general electrical knowledge help. It's good to read after you have a understanding of your systems, and also tells how to wire and TEST pedestals BEFORE you plug your new toy into it. This is something you need to learn fairly fast if you can, as there are bad outlets at campgrounds.

RV Electric

It may seem like a lot at first, but it will come to you. I know you are excited to learn and go RV'ing.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, power