Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #1

Where is the light

Our 2014 Flagstaff 21fbrs has a "Interior Light" switch on the panel by the door.
What light does it control??
Henboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #2

Someone with the exact trailer might be able to answer directly, but I would turn on every light and use that switch to see which one it turns off. My trailer has one light that is 3 way switched, also. It allows you to turn on a light when entering the outside door without getting all the way in to that fixture.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #3

I tried to find one switched that way with no luck.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #4

Sorry, I hoped that would be the easy answer. Maybe if you add your year/brand/model number into the title of the thread it would attract the right owner. I tried that and got mixed results, but it is worth a shot.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #5

When we went over the information we got during our PDI we did so in the dark.
Just flipped the switch's one at a time and took a look around the outside and in.
None of the switch's were labeled so we got one of the newer type and tagged them and retagged the water and tank valves.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henboy View Post
Our 2014 Flagstaff 21fbrs has a "Interior Light" switch on the panel by the door.
What light does it control??
I don't have your model but on ours, it operated the port side scare light.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstroke2012 View Post
I don't have your model but on ours, it operated the port side scare light.
Hmmm ... that's strange - not an Interior light at all. By its labelling it should control some sort of central interior light.

On my RV (which I know is different from the OP's) it controls the hanging lamp over the counter in my kitchen. As others have suggested trial and error might be the best bet unless someone owning exactly this same RV has the answer.

EDIT - Just thought of something. It might control the ceiling lights if they are already on. In other words turn on the ceiling lights at the fixture then go operate the switch in question. Does it turn the light on and off? My previous RV (Jayco) had that master switch for the interior lights, but it only worked if the fixtures themselves were on.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post

EDIT - Just thought of something. It might control the ceiling lights if they are already on. In other words turn on the ceiling lights at the fixture then go operate the switch in question. Does it turn the light on and off? My previous RV (Jayco) had that master switch for the interior lights, but it only worked if the fixtures themselves were on.
X2 on this. The first switch on my control panel by the door controls the first interior light fixture as you walk in the door. However, you must leave the light fixture in the on position 'at' the light fixture itself, for the switch to work. If you turn off the light at the fixture, the switch has no bearing.

Try turning on the lights at the fixture itself (with the wall switch in the on position), then see if the switch will turn any of them off.

A lot of RV's are designed this way, so as you enter the RV in the dark, you can easily flip the switch to turn on a light, without fumbling around.

Same way exiting, you just flip the switch to turn the light off, as you exit the door.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

On our 2012 29QBSS it operates the light over the dinette. Like others have said, both the switch at the fixture and the switch at the door needs to on for the light to be on.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #10

On our 25DS it operates the light under the cabinets by the dinette.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #11

We have a 14 21FBRS. That switch will operate the light over the sink. The switch on the light itself must be left in the on position.
TN_VA_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #12

BINGO...Over the sink cabinet light. Right in front of my nose!!

THanks.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #13

turn the switch on, then go to the light under the cabinet turn it on this would be in the sink area perhaps, ideally you would have them sinc'd so when you turn the switch on control panel off the light goes off, and when you turn the panel light on the light turns on
the reason for this is so if a person(you) come to your in the evening when its dark you only have to reach in and hit the first button you come to to turn on an interior light, this way you don't have to go into a dark room that could possible have an uninvited guest.
Camping fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #14

It is the light above the kitchen sink

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light