Old 03-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #1

Which model

Hi, I was browsing the forum today. and the name consertone came up alot mostly bad i have ordered a 2012 flagstaff 29RLS superlite and i was wondering if someone could tell me which model entertainment center comes standered with this unit. I didn't upgrade the tv so have standerd 22" one. Just wanted to know what I was in for Thanks this Forum Rocks. everyone is so helpfull.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

bad Concertone issues are on older units.
since they hired Bob Fields, i see far less complaints about them.

i think they've done a lot to improve their products, especially in the last couple of years.
are there still some bad ones, of course but far less than previously.

the problem is that for a number of years, they were junk and it will take a long time for their name to improve in the RV community.

i wouldn't hesitate to get a newer Concertone, especially since their new ones have Bluetooth tech.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #3

From the checking I did and what I have found out was that Cornerstone in now Genesis 3.0 They have upgraded the model #'s. Also what I found interesting is that FR is the manufacturer in the booklet that comes with it. I checked the web site for Cornerstone and the unit is the exact same thing that I have. Also cornerstone shows the set up for the sirus XM radio that also came in the package. It"s in Ind. same town FR head quarters is located. Or at least I should say that is the contact address.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #4

I just purchased a genesis zx85 with Bluetooth and also own an older concertone zx75. Both work very well. When I had an issue with the 85 bob fields stepped up without being asked and fixed the problem ASAP. Any product line will have some issues and you will always hear from those folks (myself included). Plenty of happy campers out there as well.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have had good luck with concertone . only had to replace one unit under warranty 6 years ago
Old 03-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
From the checking I did and what I have found out was that Cornerstone in now Genesis 3.0 They have upgraded the model #'s. Also what I found interesting is that FR is the manufacturer in the booklet that comes with it. I checked the web site for Cornerstone and the unit is the exact same thing that I have. Also cornerstone shows the set up for the sirus XM radio that also came in the package. It"s in Ind. same town FR head quarters is located. Or at least I should say that is the contact address.
it's Concertone, not Cornerstone.

and as far as i know, it's not owned by FR. it may be owned by Berkshire-Hathaway though. Concertone-made units are found in other brands of RVs, not just FR brands.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
This has been discussed before, Concertone is not a Forest River or BH Company. Independently owned and operated for more than 14 years and as mentioned, I have been around for almost two years now.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
The Unit is a Genesis Technologies GT2.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #9

Please don't automatically assume that your entertainment system is going to be crap because of what you read on these forums. I understand that yes, Concertone did have some problems with earlier models. We have a Genesis 3.0 in our '12 Rockwood and it has been problem free and it works and sounds fantastic! If you think negatively about something before you even see it, chances are you'll find something you won't like about it. For something that is in a mobile setting that is getting bounced around, and is subjected to extreme temperatures, it has worked flawlessly.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #10

Thanks Bob , your quick and informative response is greatly appreciated keep up the great job. Wish there were more reps. on this forum to get other answers to different questions. like when I can expect to take delivery on my new TT? Cant wait