Old 05-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #21

I would gladly change spots with anybody here. I think they put my coach together with blind workers, and blinder QC inspectors as in (a bag or cloth put over the head)

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
I direct a department at my employment and if my QC department did there quality control like the way Flagstaff does, I'd fire them.
Quirks:/dealer oops
Bedroom TV is not connected to the Genesis, I'll get in there and see if there is another output or use a hdmi splitter to deliver DVD to the bedroom (anyone else have a better solution??)
I am an engineer as well as an internal auditor to various ISO standards, and I laugh (cynically, of course) when I see any mention of quality and any aspect of the RV industry, from manufacture to dealerships. Then they invoke the name of the "Amish" and inject another joke into the farce - if the Amish were allowed to build to their standards we might have better RVs .... Anyway I am not replying to address quality in the industry, or else I would just get (more) irritated.

Just wanted to speak to the quirk you mentioned above - that is not something that can be attributed to FR. The bedroom TV coax outputs are not, by design, connected to to the Genesis head unit. The Genesis is harnessed to the main TV and there is no splitter arrangement. For that to happen you'd have to do it and it would likely not be simple - just take out the Genesis unit and look at the connections and you'd see what I mean.

The wall unit in the bedroom is splitter-connected to the rooftop antenna and cable input. That's it. I installed a 22" Sharp TV in the bedroom with integrated DVD. Works well.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjclarke View Post
It's not necessarily a question of lack of pride. Corporations today want to increase profits at all cost. The first thing to suffer is quality. Dont be so fast to put the blame on the workers. Corporate greed is the #1 culprit.
You are correct about the greed, but we've become so spoiled and numbed that taking pride in what we do doesn't matter anymore. American pride is being diluted year after year. Made in the USA needs a jump start.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #24
NELA

We've owned two Flagstaffs in the past year.
1: Flagstaff V-Lite 30WIKSS 2014 bought in May 2013
2. Flagstaff 5er 8528IKWS 2014 bought in January 2014

(we traded up to a 5er because of physical issues...we both have neck injuries....related to hitching up a bumper pull)

We had a problem with the sofa leg falling into the hole (which was cut in the wrong place) for wiring in the V-Lite. That problem was corrected PRONTO. The same problem was found and corrected in at least 2 other V-Lites after I posted about it here which tells me someone on the assembly line was having an "off day" that day. There was a glitch in the electric jack which was due to rain water getting in to it. We started covering the jack and the problem never showed up again.

The only problem we've found so far in the 5er is that there's an annoying vibration when the microwave is running. We'll return it to our dealer for correction this fall.

Given our experiences with the brand, we'd buy Flagstaff again tomorrow. And we will ALWAYS use the same dealer as long as we're in the RVing lifestyle. Our dealer is unbeatable! "Bayou Outdoor Super Center".

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
You are correct about the greed, but we've become so spoiled and numbed that taking pride in what we do doesn't matter anymore. American pride is being diluted year after year. Made in the USA needs a jump start.
I agree things could be better in the rv industry.
But Foreign made stuff ain't any better either, honestly.
I keep hearing the Asians could do it better, but working on cars today, the Asian manif. are lacking just as much or even more so now.

I guess this is a mute point though as its not real feasible to ship big rvs half way around the world.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #26
Plain Old Member

Weezer, I always wondered about them. I'm guess you're talking about the one in Shreveport, correct?
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #27
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Weezer, I always wondered about them. I'm guess you're talking about the one in Shreveport, correct?
YES! Bossier City to be exact. They're Route 66 dealers too. That isn't an easy achievement from what I've researched and read. They live up to it, from our experience with them.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #28
Plain Old Member

Gotcha. I'm originally from Natchitoches, sister lives in Shreveport so I know the area. Glad to hear of a good dealer.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #29
NELA

LOL, just noticed your signature line.

Dude, I feel for ya....you, your bride and two little ones in a JAYFEATHER?

Yeah, we head over to Port City quite a bit, sometimes on our way to Jefferson, TX where our "family of choice" lives, a couple our age that we camp with often. Also go over there to the board walk when DH needs a Bass Pro fix. And when *I* need my Ralph and Kacoo's fix!

Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #30
Plain Old Member

No doubt, the Jayfeather makes you a "close" family. It was either borrow that one, or stay at her parents. You see what she chose. Speaking of Bass Pro, I gotta go get my fix as well when I get home, so I'm pretty sure we'll be at that one, or in BR.

Sorry folks for jumping off topic. Carry on with the QC.....