Old 10-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #11

Don, this mount has allen screws that secure the two pieces togther. See the two tabs sticking out on each bracket (on the sides)? Once the TN plate slides into the wall plate, the two allens can be screwed in place. An extra long allen wrench was even included to reach behind. Thanks for looking out though.

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, K&N intake tube w/6637, Exhaust, AIH delete, Foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315/75/16's, '04 headlights.
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #12

Update. I called FR and talked to a someone who said he would have to talk to the dealer directly. Ok, I can understand that. The dealer called me soon after and said the had Toshibas in 'the back' from other trailers on the lot . (Why not just give us one of those, we already paid for it ). They matched the numbers and were going to buy one from Best Buy. Two days later they called saying my tv was in. My wife picked it up and I went to install it... still didn't fit. The wall mount was mounted too high. I remounted it about 1/2" lower and I finally was able to get the tv to mount. However, the tv was now too low and was sitting on the AC plug pushing it at a downward angle so much that the outlet slid down a bit and exposed the hole it fit in. Since it's hidden anyway, I removed the outlet and cut another 1/2" out of the bottom of the outlet hole. Remounted the outlet and everything fits nice.

Back to what Don said, I can totally see this bouncing out of this bracket on a nice bump. I mentioned there were securing screws but there's not enough room to get the long allen wrench back there, as Don once again stated. So our options are to either disconnect it while on the road or I thought maybe stuffing some foam between the top of the tv and wall unit. Thinking some on the sides and bottom will keep it from vibrating around as well.

So yeah, we finally have the right tv but what a pain in the ***** this was. Thanks for your help.

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported housing, Riffraff's FRx, HPx & I/C boot kit, DiPricol Optix- Pyro/Boost/Trans, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race, K&N intake tube w/6637, Exhaust, AIH delete, Foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop Rover M/TMaxx 315/75/16's, '04 headlights.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #13

I just bought a 2011 Rockwood 8315 and it came with a Toshiba 32"
Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #14

I bought an inexpensive ($40) mounting system that uses 4 U-shaped receivers that match up with pegs you mount onto your TV. I cut 2 pieces of wood 2 x 2 x 11", drilled and mounted them on the wall in the TT after some careful measuring, and mounted my 32" Samsung flat screen (16 lbs.) with no problem. The receivers can be twisted 90 degrees to ensure the tv stays securely mounted. One note - the 1/2" plywood behind the paneling stops just below the outlet hole where the cables come through on mine. Make sure your screws make it into the plywood. I pulled the Konka mount and put it in the master bedroom wall using the same screws. Worked like a charm. Drove with it mounted for a total of 4-1/2 hours over frost-heaved Vermont and NH roads - still solid as a rock, and easy to remove if you want to use it for your home (as we do - it's our bedroom tv!).
Old 01-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #15

our tt came with a 32" toshiba. the mount has worked well so far. one issue we had was that the stereo did not have a video out to the smaller tv in the bedroom. i guess they do not do that at the factory. it was fairly easy to fix though, just removed the stereo and ran a new video out to the tv though the hole behind the stereo.

j
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjparker73 View Post
I bought an inexpensive ($40) mounting system that uses 4 U-shaped receivers that match up with pegs you mount onto your TV. I cut 2 pieces of wood 2 x 2 x 11", drilled and mounted them on the wall in the TT after some careful measuring, and mounted my 32" Samsung flat screen (16 lbs.) with no problem. The receivers can be twisted 90 degrees to ensure the tv stays securely mounted. One note - the 1/2" plywood behind the paneling stops just below the outlet hole where the cables come through on mine. Make sure your screws make it into the plywood. I pulled the Konka mount and put it in the master bedroom wall using the same screws. Worked like a charm. Drove with it mounted for a total of 4-1/2 hours over frost-heaved Vermont and NH roads - still solid as a rock, and easy to remove if you want to use it for your home (as we do - it's our bedroom tv!).
Any pics you can share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcnda View Post
our tt came with a 32" toshiba. the mount has worked well so far. one issue we had was that the stereo did not have a video out to the smaller tv in the bedroom. i guess they do not do that at the factory. it was fairly easy to fix though, just removed the stereo and ran a new video out to the tv though the hole behind the stereo.

j
Good call, I briefly thought of that on out first trip but was quickly sidetracked . Is there a second video output on the stereo or did you have to use a Y? This looks like a mod worth doing for sure. How hard was it to remove the stereo? Thanks.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
Any pics you can share?

Good call, I briefly thought of that on out first trip but was quickly sidetracked . Is there a second video output on the stereo or did you have to use a Y? This looks like a mod worth doing for sure. How hard was it to remove the stereo? Thanks.

it is really easy to remove the stereo, there is a faceplate that needs to be popped off, you will need a flathead screwdriver for that. then remove the 4 screws holding it in place.
it would be wise to have a second set of hands to hold the stereo for you while you wire it up.
there are spare yellow jacks that are video out, they are male though so you will need an female adaptor to attach to it. then remove the smaller tv in the bedroom and snake the wire form the stereo to the hole in the bedroom, attach it and put it all back together...testing it beforehand of course.

goodluck
ohcnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:57 AM   #18

Great info, thanks alot!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #19

i have a 2011 Rockwood 8281ss and it has a 32'' Toshiba and i was thinking of changing the tv mount to something i can pull out and turn left and right
i wonder if thats something i can do with out having it stick out to far ( as to not hit the slide out )

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff