Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #1

WiFi Ranger and Blu Ray

The 26RBWS is now four days old. We are slowly fleshing it out and getting ready for a first outing.

I just finished configuring the WiFi Ranger and testing it with my computer. Basically 6G up and down. I also hooked up a Sony wireless Blu Ray player (why do all of the RV's come with DVD but not Blu Ray} and tested it. Connected to the Internet, downloaded and updated OS drivers, configured Netflix and Amazon Prime. This is roughing it?

Now all I have to do is cut a hole in the panel beside the head unit and rig a mount for the Sony.

I will probably build a holder for the now three remotes required.
GrayghostUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayghostUSA View Post
The 26RBWS is now four days old. We are slowly fleshing it out and getting ready for a first outing.

I just finished configuring the WiFi Ranger and testing it with my computer. Basically 6G up and down. I also hooked up a Sony wireless Blu Ray player (why do all of the RV's come with DVD but not Blu Ray} and tested it. Connected to the Internet, downloaded and updated OS drivers, configured Netflix and Amazon Prime. This is roughing it?

Now all I have to do is cut a hole in the panel beside the head unit and rig a mount for the Sony.

I will probably build a holder for the now three remotes required.

What exactly does the Wifi Ranger do ?
Surfgirl62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfgirl62 View Post
WiFiRanger

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:

It creates an internal WiFi network that you connect your devices to (BlueRay player, tablet, printer, laptop, etc.).

You then point it at a WiFi internet source (campground WiFi, cellular hotspot, phone hotspot, etc).

It’s nice because I can change what internet everything in my camper is using at a single place. Plus the network is stronger and faster than what my hotspot puts out. And it helps when you pay for campground internet but it only allows a single device as it hides all of the devices behind itself.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #5

Got the Blu-ray installed by removing the panel adjacent to the head unit, building a support from small pieces I had here and making web straps to secure it. Cut a minimum clearance hole, reassemble and done. While I had everything opened up I vacuumed out the sawdust from the factory. Nice surprise to find a subwoofer in there.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #6

Quote:
WiFiRanger comes in several versions. The one that came with my new 26RBWS has a antenna on the roof that picks up WiFi signals and boosts them and passes that through an integrated router that broadcasts the amplified signal through your own private WiFi network. Forest River included he minimal unit. Higher power and greater range is available for greater money.