Old 07-18-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
I researched this a little and most people that had trouble, it was with leaking, and water seepage!

cecelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou
So this ALMOST happened to me coming home from New York.

A VERY nice motorist flagged me down and, while slowing to pull over, I immediately scanned my mirrors to see what was wrong, I saw my "Emergency Exit" bedroom window was open and flying next to the camper!

I had to crane my neck to see it as it was above my line of sight (in the 5th wheel).

I must have bumped the red handle getting up (REAL tight on my side) and failed to check it for security as I normally do.

Vibrations eventually straightened the lever and air pressure did the rest.

There is some damage to the hinge (pop rivets loose), but I should be able to get it repaired before Goshen. If not, it will be pinned and added to the very short list of items to be looked at by the Flagstaff people at the rally.

I owe a LOT to those passing motorists and hope one day to return the favor. I do have a CB, but it was off. The noise (and language) was bothering the DW. I had it squelched pretty tight, but it is what it is...

Thinking about finding a push pin that I can paint RED or something and pin the emergency exit closed to prevent this from happening again.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote